JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:52:08 PM
Well it would appear that MCW was hacked by the Jackal. It is 11:51pm here and I cant get on to the home page becuase of that. Anyway, just FYI.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Trucker090
Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:09:58 PM
A foreign jackel at that!!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
BSA Mike
Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:15:06 PM
jack-ass more like it

he got all MWD sites, bsa.com is hacked too...motherf*cker
Skywheelrider
Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:24:39 PM
Idiot with nothing better to do. They probably cannot "hack" it at a real computer job, so they pull stunts like this instead. Moron.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
magfly
Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:24:33 PM
Had to be TERRORISTS did you see the handle lol,not funny what he did tho ,to bad he or she doesnt use their expertise in their knowledge of computers to do good instead of being idiots,sad really to have that kind of time on their hands[V]
when you cant breathe nothing else matters/please sign you organ donor cards today!! you may save life ; it might even be MINE you are saving/check out www.bluebracelet.info 
Matt C.
Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:30:08 PM
moron... I fixed all the sites this past hour so everyone should be good now... I am going to investigate it further in the morning and figure out how the hacker got through. If you google Hacked By JaCKaL you will find a whole bunch of other sites that were hacked besides MCW and the other sites on this server.

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Trucker090
Friday, May 18, 2007 2:56:16 AM
I see they hacked quite a few sites.. real jerks!!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, May 18, 2007 6:05:54 AM
Looks like someone found ANOTHER hole in IIS. Switch to apache to alleviate that problem. No wonder Apache has 56% of the market share compared to Microsoft's 31.5%[;)]

Bring on the flames!
squirrel
Friday, May 18, 2007 7:11:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rdcolles

Looks like someone found ANOTHER hole in IIS. Switch to apache to alleviate that problem. No wonder Apache has 56% of the market share compared to Microsoft's 31.5%[;)]

Bring on the flames!

If you check the security sites that track vulnerabilities there are just as many for Apache as any other web server software... A server that dead-faces the internet can always suffer from undisclosed vulnerabilities...
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, May 18, 2007 11:57:01 AM
My son in law, who does network seurity said the best way to foil hackers is to have the operating system operate from a CD. If the CD is read only then only data can be hacked, which is on the mainframe. Data can then be retrieve from a back up. The only disadvantage is that when you change your system you will need to burn a new CD and reboot.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
gruelurks
Friday, May 18, 2007 3:30:45 PM
Quote:

quote:

Bring on the flames!

That's because of the multitude of *nix boxes tucked away all over the world in universities being run by old white haired man deep in the bowels of the basement server rooms that have been there since the advent of the mainfrave. As these old hacks slowly die off, the younger crowd tends to move to IIS to avoid the complexity and annoyances of running Apache. [}:)]

// I tried, got nothing in my troll box today...
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, May 18, 2007 4:05:32 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gruelurks

Quote:

quote:

Bring on the flames!

That's because of the multitude of *nix boxes tucked away all over the world in universities being run by old white haired man deep in the bowels of the basement server rooms that have been there since the advent of the mainfrave. As these old hacks slowly die off, the younger crowd tends to move to IIS to avoid the complexity and annoyances of running Apache. [}:)]

Funny, since NEW installations of Apache outpace IIS installations two to one. So apparently most people find continuously having to patch their system to fix security holes more annoying.
gruelurks
Friday, May 18, 2007 4:18:42 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Bring on the flames!

Funny, since NEW installations of Apache outpace IIS installations two to one. So apparently most people find continuously having to patch their system to fix security holes more annoying.

Reinstalling the software to correct the last botched install doesn't count as new. [8D]
squirrel
Friday, May 18, 2007 5:12:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Reinstalling the software to correct the last botched install doesn't count as new. [8D]

There are so many points to this arguement I could bring up but I know that we pay for our software for a reason. It runs. Everything has holes in it. No program is perfect. But when you pay for something, you are paying for the expertise and backing of a multi-billion dollar company to fix the problems rather than having to fend for ourselves when the sh*t hits the fan...
gruelurks
Friday, May 18, 2007 5:15:10 PM
I know, RDColles threw down the flamewar gauntlet, and even though my points are mostly moot, I had to have some fun.

Both products do their job just as well as the other, with their own little extras that make them unique.