• 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 14, 2007 10:49:10 AM
i saw one, along with some ticket booths and a game trailer going east bound i-96 by wixom. couldn't make out a show name on the trucks.
JustinJames
Monday, May 14, 2007 10:50:57 AM
Are you talking about a BOBS type Rock and Roll or an actual old school rok-n-rol?
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 14, 2007 10:54:42 AM
the old school one.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Are you talking about a BOBS type Rock and Roll or an actual old school rok-n-rol?

Skywheelrider
Monday, May 14, 2007 11:02:49 AM
Very interesting. I'll have to try and find out whose it is.

Playworld is in Dearborn Heights this week, Skerbeck is in Berkley, could be either one of them. Could be Schmidt, too, who knows. Could be Elliotts, too, heck, maybe Bob Halifax picked one up. LOL COULD BE ALMOST ANYONE! [:D]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
CrAzY DaNcE Dj
Monday, May 14, 2007 11:39:16 AM
elliot just bought one this winter
JustinJames
Monday, May 14, 2007 4:21:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by CrAzY DaNcE Dj

Cool... thanks Alex.
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 14, 2007 5:40:44 PM
do you know where they are going and what other rides they have?

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by CrAzY DaNcE Dj

Trucker090
Monday, May 14, 2007 9:05:09 PM
I would like to see a picture of the Roc N Rol to see how it is painted. If you get a chance someone try to get a picture. Thanks.
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Skywheelrider
Monday, May 14, 2007 9:55:30 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 19822000

do you know where they are going and what other rides they have?

Well, heading east on I-96 past Wixom, I would guess a spot in the Detroit area. Maybe City Airport, they have played that spot for a few years now, Circusguy would know for sure!

As for their lineup, it includes an Eli Wheel, Sea Ray, Paratrooper, g/m Scrambler, Tilt-A-Whirl, Gravitron, Zipper, Bumper Cars, fun house, this Rok and Rol now, Fun Slide, M-G-R, 3 Hamptons, train, Flying Saucers, Inflate, not sure what else they have picked up in the last couple of seasons. Very nice looking show.

http://www.elliottsamusements.com 

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Monday, May 14, 2007 9:58:13 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

I would like to see a picture of the Roc N Rol to see how it is painted. If you get a chance someone try to get a picture. Thanks.

If I can find out where they are exactly this weekend, I'll visit and see if it is there, and if so, I'll get a photo.
babyhughie
Monday, May 14, 2007 11:29:21 PM
Elliots are on 8 mile between ryan and mound.And yes they have a rock and roll.I saw it last sunday at a small mall on cedar street in lansing.By the way that is quite a nice mulligan sea ray they are sporting this year.I drove by the lot on 8 mile earlier tonite and it looks like everything was up and ready to go.
JustinJames
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:54:52 AM
That would be the old Light Guard Armory lot then. Skerbeck played that spot for several years too. Decent little spot. If I remember correctly, a church sponsors the event.

And yes, Elliotts is really became a beautiful show that is for certain.

I saw them in Holt a few days ago in passing on my way to a friends bonfire party.
babyhughie
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:35:04 AM
Same spot I saw them at justin.It was a small strip mall just south of 96 on cedar street.My wifes company owns MILL POND VILLAGE right next door to the lot, we were on a "bussiness"trip!
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:30:53 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by babyhughie

Elliots are on 8 mile between ryan and mound.And yes they have a rock and roll.I saw it last sunday at a small mall on cedar street in lansing.By the way that is quite a nice mulligan sea ray they are sporting this year.I drove by the lot on 8 mile earlier tonite and it looks like everything was up and ready to go.

Thanks for the info Tony.

That will make for a nice Saturday if the weather cooperates, since I will be free this weekend to visit lots:

Playworld in Dearborn Heights (St. Sebastian)

Elliotts in Detroit (as noted above)

Skerbeck in Berkley (Catalpa, south of 12 Mile, at the Civic Centre)

Mid America #2 in Warren (Warren Woods, 12 Mile and Schoenner)

Arnold #2 in Utica (M-59 and Schoenner)

Mid America #1 in St. Clair Shores (St. Joan of Arc)

Plus Wade #1 in Taylor (Gibraltar Trade Centre) and Wade #3 in Ypsilanti (Lincoln High School).

Gotta make sure the camera batteries are charged up. LOL LOL

• 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:36:20 AM
thanks for the answers guys! unfortunatly, i'll be up in traverse city so i won't be able to attend any of these events this weekend.