Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:05:22 PM
Comments in another post brought up the topic of ticket price increases due to fuel costs. Wasn't there a show talking about adding a fuel surcharge to their ticket packages?
If I recall correctly they were going to tack a $1 charge onto their 12 tickets for $11 discount package, effectively eliminating the discount for the package since the tix were $1 individually.

Anybody remember that ? or was that just a nightmare or rumor?

I know some shows have pretty much eliminated some of their discounts for ticket packages anyway.
Seems I saw one last year with 12 tix for $10, 24 for $20, 36 for $30 etc. No advantage to buying more than $10 worth at a time.

Should we start a ticket price survey?
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 13, 2007 6:52:34 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

Comments in another post brought up the topic of ticket price increases due to fuel costs. Wasn't there a show talking about adding a fuel surcharge to their ticket packages?
If I recall correctly they were going to tack a $1 charge onto their 12 tickets for $11 discount package, effectively eliminating the discount for the package since the tix were $1 individually.

Anybody remember that ? or was that just a nightmare or rumor?

I know some shows have pretty much eliminated some of their discounts for ticket packages anyway.
Seems I saw one last year with 12 tix for $10, 24 for $20, 36 for $30 etc. No advantage to buying more than $10 worth at a time.

Should we start a ticket price survey?

The short answer is no. Ticket pricing depends on to many variables such show and spot size. In reality that information should be kept within the boundries of the show. It's not the type of information that is for public consumption.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:21:31 PM
I think if there is to be a Surcharge for fuel it should come off the top and be between the Show and Committee....Not leveled against the marks....They already paid thier Surcharge gassing up and coming to the Carnival....
stitch
Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:15:33 PM
DON'T FORGET !!! NOBODY CAN BUY GAS ON MAY 15TH.
FILL UP ON THE 14TH IF YOU HAVE TO. PASS IT ALONG.
LET THEM FEEL A PINCH, AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT.
Pizzagod
Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:25:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by stitch

So instead of spending $100 on the 15th we spend it a day early.

That will teach them a darn good lesson.

(I am confused....)
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Matt C.
Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:33:42 PM
With-it I was thinking the same thing today (before reading this topic)- add a fuel surcharge to the committees take. Heck, it might be worthwhile especially for some of the greedy committees who are getting a high percentage.

Whats wrong with this picture? Our costs keep rising and their percentages keep getting higher- lol.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
stitch
Sunday, May 13, 2007 10:19:24 PM
i don't know, sounded like a good idea, at least they will not get any money on the 15th.
cny_chris
Monday, May 14, 2007 2:54:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pizzagod

Quote:

quote:

So instead of spending $100 on the 15th we spend it a day early.

That will teach them a darn good lesson.

(I am confused....)

The same thing has been floating around on the internet since at least 1999. Hasn't done a thing at all to keep prices down. Check out this link:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp 

As for the ticket discussion, too many variables to adequately discuss it. I know shows that get 2 or 3 tickets per ride, and others that get 2 to 5 tickets per ride. One has to talk actual price per ride, and compare apples to apples. So far, I haven't seen any increases in prices this year. Saw a few last year, but the net effect was minimal. If someone has $20 to spend on the lot, that's what they are gonna spend. Not more if the prices go up. Gas surcharges are dubious at best, pay one on my trash removal, and it didn't go away when the gas prices dropped last fall. IMHO, either just raise the price a quarter per or so, or adjust the number of tickets that the rides require. If you make it a transparent change, you may get the GP to spend a little more. Throw it in their face with a surcharge, and they won't.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, May 14, 2007 8:31:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

This stuff never works because no one does it excpt the poor sap that started it.
Sixcats have nine lives
Missin it
Monday, May 14, 2007 3:36:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

I think if there is to be a Surcharge for fuel it should come off the top and be between the Show and Committee....Not leveled against the marks....They already paid thier Surcharge gassing up and coming to the Carnival....

agree with you on this, as a former committee guy I even offered it to the the last show I had booked (nice guy ain't I LOL)
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
Trucker090
Monday, May 14, 2007 6:00:34 PM
If you need a tank of gas today or tomorrow you still need it. So you take a chance it won't go up tomorrow. They said on the news its going up now as we speak.<or type>
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
stitch
Monday, May 14, 2007 9:06:28 PM
well i am not buying any gas tomorrow. they say one person can make a difference. let's see.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, May 14, 2007 9:24:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

With-it I was thinking the same thing today (before reading this topic)- add a fuel surcharge to the committees take. Heck, it might be worthwhile especially for some of the greedy committees who are getting a high percentage.

Whats wrong with this picture? Our costs keep rising and their percentages keep getting higher- lol.

Sounds like your talkin' about Raleigh!
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
rsdoran
Monday, May 14, 2007 9:48:17 PM
Quote:

quote:

well i am not buying any gas tomorrow. they say one person can make a difference. let's see.

Profits are not made, overall, in a day.

Would you suffer "severly" from loss of income for a day?

As far as gas goes, it does not matter if you buy today or tomorrow, your needs will decide that. This means what you do not buy today you will tomorrow...because of need.

To make anything like this work you can not just "SKIP" one day. YOU have to actually STOP traveling and buying for days.

Can not have your cake and eat it too. If you use gas expect it to increase with demand, no single day of not buying (which will never happen in majority) will accomplish anything.
Pizzagod
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:09:32 AM
What he said.

Thankfully we're in a business where we have some control over our income, and while we can't control what we are charged, we can pass it on.

I used to feel bad about $4 cotton candy and $5 Funnel Cakes. I don't think that the oil companies share my feelings when they are charging us $3.50 for a gallon of gas. It's sort of like those spots that used to cost us $150 with a $10 electrical cut-in where we'd clean house. There are the way we want things to be and the way they are. Gotta move with the times and deal with things.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.