daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, May 4, 2007 11:24:59 AM
how likly could this happen and what would it be......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPj3eIePn0o&mode=related&search=
Bowler Roller
Friday, May 4, 2007 12:55:29 PM
All I know isthat he doesn't know what county the Strawberry Fest is in.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, May 4, 2007 1:09:14 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

All I know isthat he doesn't know what county the Strawberry Fest is in.

Your right, it isnt in either of the counties he named, it is in Hillsborough County.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, May 4, 2007 2:02:34 PM
Very unlikely for this to happen. To many overrides. Even if the op's a complete idiot.[:D]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, May 4, 2007 2:26:58 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Very unlikely for this to happen. To many overrides. Even if the op's a complete idiot.[:D]

I really wish that was the case, but I have heard of an instance where this happened. Not quite the same scenerio with the supposed fire and all. I am aware of an incident where a Gravitron was unable to stop and the outside kill switch wasnt present. As I understand the incident it took several minutes before anyone realized something was wrong and a few more minutes before anyway figured out that all they had to do was kill the power to stop the ride.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Trucker090
Friday, May 4, 2007 2:42:26 PM
That almost looked like pinetar when he was younger. Same hat and glasses...
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, May 4, 2007 3:48:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JimmyD

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

I really wish that was the case, but I have heard of an instance where this happened. Not quite the same scenerio with the supposed fire and all. I am aware of an incident where a Gravitron was unable to stop and the outside kill switch wasnt present. As I understand the incident it took several minutes before anyone realized something was wrong and a few more minutes before anyway figured out that all they had to do was kill the power to stop the ride.

Jimmy D

Didn't say it couldn't happen. The odds are great it wouldn't with the shunt, kill and deadman in place as required. The chances of all three failing at once is near impossible, of course when your dealing with idiots, anythings possible.[:D]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, May 4, 2007 4:01:45 PM
well you know how it is, show didnt want to buy a new Shunt Trip Breaker. Didnt want to put 2 guys on the ride and the one who was on it wasnt the largest socket in the set.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, May 4, 2007 4:30:11 PM
I don't run a Gravitron(got an issue with the vortex), but I do check my e-stops daily. any problems are addressed at once. I'd hate to think of anyone stuck spinning that long.
skydiver77
Friday, May 4, 2007 8:49:01 PM
Did you see that other video where the kid was defying the laws of gravity on that Gravitron? That's dangerous and in the end, it got him too. He was standing leaned over near the rail where the operator is, and a few seconds later, the gravity got so great it pulled him back into the wall padding back there, looked like that had to hurt.

~Ben
JustinJames
Friday, May 4, 2007 10:05:25 PM
I have personally had a Starship where the magnetic motor starter in the control box got stuck in the closed postion. It ran until someone called me and I came and killed the power. That was in Greentown Indiana 1999 and then again it happened the next week in Davisburg.
Show Driver
Friday, May 4, 2007 10:34:26 PM
usually that is what a festival is all about a certain time of maybe i am wrong and the controll booth is still spinnin duh
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

how likly could this happen and what would it be......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPj3eIePn0o&mode=related&search=

Show Driver
Show Driver
Friday, May 4, 2007 10:37:01 PM
and also their was no brakes or breajers moron what planet did your starship fall off. if your gonna publicesi info get the facts first jag
Quote:

quote:

Show Driver
cny_chris
Saturday, May 5, 2007 9:21:15 AM
Guy doesn't even know where Gibtown is located, and he wants to film there, lol. I watched it, found it relatively overdramatized, noted the inconsistencies that others pointed out, and it lost most of it's credibility in my eyes. Next...[}:)]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
JustinJames
Saturday, May 5, 2007 12:32:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Show Driver

and also their was no brakes or breajers moron what planet did your starship fall off. if your gonna publicesi info get the facts first jag
Quote:

quote:

HUH? Was that english? who were you refering to?