Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 28, 2007 3:21:07 PM
Sixcat are you gonna be in Rock Hill SC later this year with the orange unit?
Show Driver
Saturday, April 28, 2007 4:49:20 PM
Why should any of that matter, if a person/persons takes the Challenge to make a carnival/fair happen by putting his name on the contract. everything goes according to plan. who cares what this one or that one ownes . unless you go in with a list/pictures of rides as a carnival owner to place his signature on a contract nothing matters.
Show Driver
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 28, 2007 4:51:29 PM
I think the Orange unit just bought another Ferris Wheel and a Wisdom Himalaya. Pieces like that make it easier for the weeks they split the unit to two spots. They refurbed the Raupen Bahn Himalaya too.
I think last year they had some pieces booked into Lexington, KY from upstate NY, too, which was a surprise.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 28, 2007 4:56:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Show Driver

Why should any of that matter, if a person/persons takes the Challenge to make a carnival/fair happen by putting his name on the contract. everything goes according to plan. who cares what this one or that one ownes . unless you go in with a list/pictures of rides as a carnival owner to place his signature on a contract nothing matters.

Thats right...the Name of the show is just the name on the trucks and ticket boxes....The Marks don't know or really care aslong as the have fun and the place is clean...
Benjibear
Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:31:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Show Driver

What I have heard is a big show like Reithoffer talks to the fair board or committee and they think oh wow we are getting Reithoffer. Then when the carnival is pulling on the lot, they see all the junk pulling in that is either Reithoffer's worse pieces or not theirs at all. I heard a showman once say you tell them what they want to hear to book the spot.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
J-bird
Saturday, April 28, 2007 7:15:32 PM
You will have a quality product and something FUN to look forward to!!
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 28, 2007 7:21:15 PM
Everytime ive seen them,They always had a nice midway just wonder do they have alot of duplicate rides like how many mgrs or tilts they carry to fill the double and triple spots.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:04:00 AM
Everything is going to be ok Ted, you can go back on the porch and read your Playboy.

The contract was signed by professionals in the industry. NO FEAR!
UserPostedImage
Larry Smith
Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:09:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by IndianaTED

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Sounds like a suitcase job. I wouldn't get to excited.

I appreciate all the warnings. I will remain cautiously optimistic!

A bug in my ear tells me this is a one-and-done before the new holder of the contract, long-term, takes over. Said Show just couldn't make it happen this year. But couldn't they have just suitcased just as easily as Reithoffer could? with that in mind, I still think we will still be getting some of the Big R stuff.

Believe me, we could just get a fraction of their stuff, and still be a step up from where we were at a week ago.

Dont sweat it Ted.....Big R will put on a good show no matter which way it goes......
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:09:15 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jagger

Sixcat are you gonna be in Rock Hill SC later this year with the orange unit?

No, I'm with the blue unit
Sixcats have nine lives
boltz
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:26:06 AM
Reithoffer will be there. Orange unit has plenty of rides.
Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
spanky
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:50:56 AM
Ok guys, help out a newbie. What is suitcasing/
Spanky
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:34:15 AM
Suitcasing is subcontracting. One show signs the contract, then subcontracts with another show to cover the spot, totally or partially. Some big shows are known for doing that frequently. Reithoffer isn't usually one of them though. One show owner did that for many big spots for several years.

thought this would help explain terms but suitcasing isn't in here:
http://welcometothefair.com/lingo/ 
midway1962
Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:23:20 PM
oh, Sue you must mean the old Gooding's Million Dollar Midways, as one of those''' been there done that '''well lot's of show's have done this, heck i have'''
FOOD AND FUN
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:55:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

Suitcasing is subcontracting. One show signs the contract, then subcontracts with another show to cover the spot, totally or partially. Some big shows are known for doing that frequently. Reithoffer isn't usually one of them though. One show owner did that for many big spots for several years.

thought this would help explain terms but suit casing isn't in here:
http://welcometothefair.com/lingo/ 

I think you did a good job explaining it. Wonder why it isn't on the list?
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!