IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, April 28, 2007 5:42:33 AM
I just checked the sponsoring organizations website, www.brazilrotary.org  and they are now advertising on their midway page Reithoffer Shows!

If it indeed their equipment, then this is a great development!

Looking at their route, both Blue and Orange units are scheduled at other spots at the same time, so I don't know if they are going to split three ways, sub-contract, or what. But again, if we get their stuff, then this will be their one and only appearance in Indiana this year. I don't ever remember this Show being in Indiana before, but I really have no way of knowing that for sure, I just don't have any personal recollection.

So what are your thoughts on this Show? How much equipment do they own? Can they split three ways? Do they subcontract?

I should be very pleased, right?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:08:34 AM
Sit back and relax, you will find out when the show pulls on the lot.
UserPostedImage
Trucker090
Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:14:03 AM
Yes don't get to excited, we don't want you having a heart attack!!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Jackpotter
Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:18:49 AM
If I had to bet, you'll get part of the Orange unit because I don't think they can put it all up at St Michaels in PA...but they put it all up the week after your event in Lexington, KY...which would split up the jump for some of the unit....but that's just a guess.

They'll do you a good job, especially since the former show had dropped off after reading your posts the last several years.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:22:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by IndianaTED

I just checked the sponsoring organizations website, www.brazilrotary.org  and they are now advertising on their midway page Reithoffer Shows!

Looking at their route, both Blue and Orange units are scheduled at other spots at the same time, so I don't know if they are going to split three ways, sub-contract, or what. But again, if we get their stuff, then this will be their one and only appearance in Indiana this year. I don't ever remember this Show being in Indiana before, but I really have no way of knowing that for sure, I just don't have any personal recollection.

So what are your thoughts on this Show? How much equipment do they own? Can they split three ways? Do they subcontract?

They might just Suitcase it and just send a office....
Skywheelrider
Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:53:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Nah, shows don't do that anymore, do they? LOL LOL [;)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:23:53 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Something like that (not quite that extreme, but unfortunate anyway) did happen to us once back in the late 70s. I won't rehash bad experiences, but suffice it to say that it was the handi-work of the owner who took over Johnny's United Shows from the Portemonts.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:25:28 AM
Anybody have a ride listing for the orange unit?
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:34:59 AM
Sounds like a suitcase job. I wouldn't get to excited.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:41:28 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

I appreciate all the warnings. I will remain cautiously optimistic!

A bug in my ear tells me this is a one-and-done before the new holder of the contract, long-term, takes over. Said Show just couldn't make it happen this year. But couldn't they have just suitcased just as easily as Reithoffer could? with that in mind, I still think we will still be getting some of the Big R stuff.

Believe me, we could just get a fraction of their stuff, and still be a step up from where we were at a week ago.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:48:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Nah, shows don't do that anymore, do they? LOL LOL [;)]

Yes Sir, they certainly do.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:55:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

I appreciate all the warnings. I will remain cautiously optimistic!

A bug in my ear tells me this is a one-and-done before the new holder of the contract, long-term, takes over. Said Show just couldn't make it happen this year. But couldn't they have just suitcased just as easily as Reithoffer could? with that in mind, I still think we will still be getting some of the Big R stuff.

Believe me, we could just get a fraction of their stuff, and still be a step up from where we were at a week ago.

If Reithoffer controls the Midway it should be nice.
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:58:18 AM
Quote:

quote:

right
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
Tornado
Saturday, April 28, 2007 9:54:23 AM
I don’t know if for sure it will be there equipment, or suite cased, or even some of there equipment supplemented by someone else’s equipment. But I can tell ya they can for sure have 3, or even 4, units running. If ya look at there schedule they do it all the time. They have 4 units running during the spring, like now and 3 during the Fair season. The Blue unit is in Brockton MA and the Orange Unit is in Levittown PA. Brockton is like 40 rides and Levittown is like 20 to 25. Leaves plenty of rides… Keep in mind between both units they have 90 to 100 rides available, and if they don’t put stuff on the pier in Ocean City Maryland that just give them more to work with. I'm guessing it will be there equipment supplmented by another show.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:53:44 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tornado

The Blue unit is in Brockton MA and the Orange Unit is in Levittown PA. Brockton is like 40 rides and Levittown is like 20 to 25. Leaves plenty of rides…

Time for a lesson again. Rick has the blue unit, Patty has the orange unit. The name is Reithoffer but they are two sperate shows.

Brockton has way more then 40 rides and they wouldn't be sending any rides from the blue unit out to the Midwest for one small spot. It's true that a couple super rides go between the units though, but not for a small spot. The orange has that church in PA and if they have this spot, they can handle it alone. I could be wrong, but that's the way it's normally done. Again, the two units don't cover spots together. They haven't shared a spot since I've been here and that's 16 years. Two different shows.
Sixcats have nine lives