kris0106
  •  kris0106
  • 53.7% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
JustinJames
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:52:34 AM
I'm sure it will be a quality built and sturdy peice much like all the other rides from WMI.................... LOL[xx(]
babyhughie
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:06:51 AM
Maybe some day they will figure out what primer is!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

I'm sure it will be a quality built and sturdy peice much like all the other rides from WMI.................... LOL[xx(]

Discjo
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:22:51 AM
I thought it was a cobra too.
I guess what was old is new again
Carnevil
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:44:27 AM
It is basically "just" a Cobra, but they are trying to get on a pup which would be a good thing. And it lowers down do you load everyone at the same time.
Its not impossible it just costs more.
JustinJames
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:57:22 AM
It appears to have a Tornado style lifting mechanism.
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:09:49 AM
i can see the "Cobra" refrence as well. Doesn't Eli Brigde make something similar to that exact piece?
condoralex
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:14:23 AM
Looks just like a Cobra. It's a shame the picture is so compressed.
Sit back, relax, because we're taking it to the max.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:14:05 PM
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:16:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

i can see the "Cobra" refrence as well. Doesn't Eli Brigde make something similar to that exact piece?

The closest thing to it that I can think of from Eli Bridge, is the Kiddie Spidermania?

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Trucker090
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:25:32 PM
Looks nice, I like the colors!!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Cstephens
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:50:34 PM
on the cobra, the seat has 2 hinge points, where it attaches to the arm, it swings back & forth while curved piece of steel that attaches to the back of the seat (like on the paratrooper) there is the second hinged area that allows the seat to swing back & forth. sounds strange i know, i looked at pictures of the cobra on www.usedrides.com  and thats what i saw. the cobra uses 1 massive hydralic ram to lift it up and rack it, the rings on top of the ride (half rings) hold the seats, six on one side and six on the other but i'm not sure how you attach the seats to them. i noticed that the viper doesn't have the foot rests that the cobra does. on the cobra, they fold back during transport, they fold toward the front of the seat but have to be bolted in to place under the front of the seat. if you look at pics of the cobra on the used rides site, there are pics of it not moving and the seats that are up in the air apper to be at an angle, on the paratrooper they always apper to be at the same angle as the seats that are nearest to the ground (the ones that are ready to load/offload. the small arms are hinged at their half way point, making them easier to fold and/or set up. the biggest problem with wisdom's viper is when it lowers, based on the picture. the seats will not clear the top of the trailer. the trailer on the cobra is a flatbed trailer except for the back end witch attaches to the back of the semi truck that pulls it. if wisdom builds the viper with a flatbed trailer, it solves 1 problem but creates another, the legnth of the trailer might not allow clearance for the seats when the ride is at full spped before it's lifted. the top of the ride (the steel frame of the ride itself) or the trailer itself or both might have to be lengthed to make sure the seats and the riders feet don't hit the trailer or anything on it. the lifter is preety nice but because design of the viper and how simaler it looks to the cobra witch doesn't use a lifter during operation. wisdom has a lot of work to do both in the design room and in their factory in sterling, colorado where the ride will be built. hopefully wisdom can solve all the problems with the ride and hopefully get some buyers before the year is over.
good luck wisdom.
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:59:26 PM
The ride is supposed to lift before the center starts turning.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Jackpotter
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:00:37 PM
I would have to think that Wisdom has already addressed these design concerns...don't forget, we're looking at this ride from a very poor compressed photo and it is a rendering as well. I can't imagine they'd have a ride for sale and not have the basic bugs you just described alrady worked out.
punkboysa18
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:08:03 PM
It would have been cool to see them put a platform under it like the Super Sizzler... More trailer I know but it would look better.[B)][:)]