Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:07:19 AM
What's with all the size 1 print now? There's lots of old timers on here that have a hard time reading the small stuff. Skywheelrider, you were the first to go that way. I used to read all your posts but now I skim through them because it's hard to concentrate. Come on guys. Give us old guys a break. We're interested in what you have to say. Please?
Sixcats have nine lives
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:25:40 AM
It is also respectful to break your posts into paragraphs. A sticky should me made with such guidelines, but I ain't no anglish teacher, I'm a carny.

MCW editor should be able to handle it.
UserPostedImage
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:26:22 AM
Sixcat,

You have with out a doubt spoken for many of us. It's embarrassing to keep asking my kids to read those posts to me.

Please, no small print

I would also ask that the quotes be made bigger...............

My glasses are thick enough now to qualify as coke bottles...........
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Trucker090
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:41:09 AM
Thank god!! I thought it was me. lol
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
rsdoran
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 6:03:48 AM
Since the subject has been broached I would like to request that bright colors not be used, bright colors look good on rides but reading, especially small print, is extremely difficult.

This is difficult to read for me

I am not color blind but like many people I have what they call a color deficiency, so when you mix colors together (in print) it makes it difficult to read too.

Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 6:26:49 AM
Dang, i must be getting old. Ive had to slip on the ol bi-focals to read some of the posts too.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:34:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rsdoran

Since the subject has been broached I would like to request that bright colors not be used, bright colors look good on rides but reading, especially small print, is extremely difficult.

I am not color blind but like many people I have what they call a color deficiency, so when you mix colors together (in print) it makes it difficult to read too.

Even red is a problem.
UserPostedImage
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:43:58 AM
If you highlight that yellow it's easy to read.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Trucker090
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:51:31 AM
I always highlight when I can't read it ...
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:54:29 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Print is still to small. As enterprising as With-It is I am surpised he hasn't come out with an official MCW screen magnifier for us sight chalenged.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 8:09:51 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Print is still to small. As enterprising as With-It is I am surpised he hasn't come out with an official MCW screen magnifier for us sight chalenged.

IE7 has one built in.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 8:36:08 AM
I just choose a colour and font, not a size. I chose red and a different font so my posts would not look just like everyone elses. I can skip the font, though, I guess. No offense towards anyone, but no one has complained before, that I can recall anyways. But lately, it seems like a lot of complaining is going on....size of print (my name is mentioned), someone else complains about individual post totals (gee, I have the most at MCW), someone else complains about folks using the phrase "thanks for sharing," (gee, I use that phrase a lot) etc. That time of the year, huh? Oh well, in a few short weeks I will be back to work and hardly posting anymore.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
midge002
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 8:47:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rsdoran

I had to high light the yellow,to read it..help..I need glasses...LOL
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE...TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!
butterfly in reverse
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 12:07:44 PM
I have 20/20 vision with no corrective lenses, and still had hell reading that yellow.

I see your point, Chris, but everyone in this thread has approached it politely, and asked face to face (as much as you can on the board), and it seemed like the nicest way it could be approached. What more can they do, if you want to be read?
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 4, 2007 12:11:49 PM
I use to use this style font....Mainly just to Mock Boils and His Style of posting[:o)]

If you blind guys want to to go back to posting like that to make it easier to see I will....

Better Yet, I'll just post in Braille....

.::. :.:: ..:.::.