Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, June 8, 2005 8:45:40 AM
Brewers rides (a indy from GA) used to have a magic carpet funhouse, scratch built by themselves, was huge. They play with CVS, Wade, Miller Spec and some other major shows with it for years, anyone got any idea what happened to the piece?? Haven't heard anything on it in years.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
BSA Mike
Wednesday, June 8, 2005 8:52:29 AM
i believe it was on usedrides.com forawhile.... idk what happend to it after that
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, June 8, 2005 3:13:30 PM
I was also wondering what happened to them. The son, Dave Brewer was the one who took over the operation. He also redid a hollingsworth dark ride, it was at the GA State fair last year with Briggs, I am not sure if he owned it or had sold it. It was themed the Ghost Train.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, June 8, 2005 4:25:19 PM
Bob Brewer died last season & his son was leaving the business. I assume the ride is at their wq in Georgia. It was for sale, but now is not the right time to sell anything.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Wednesday, June 8, 2005 7:23:00 PM
midwest midways purchased brewers ghost train last spring.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, June 8, 2005 8:40:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RRSHOW1

... but now is not the right time to sell anything.

That's what's wrong with this industry. I don't think the days of getting good money for equipment are ever going to come back. He certainly isn't gonna get more money for it in another year or two.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:25:59 PM
found out today via a show owner that brewers are done, and the magic carpet has not moved in 2 years and is rusting away in GA. HELP!! It could make someone a very nice piece.
www.modernmidways.com 
Matt C.
Friday, July 1, 2005 10:07:29 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

found out today via a show owner that brewers are done, and the magic carpet has not moved in 2 years and is rusting away in GA. HELP!! It could make someone a very nice piece.

Ryan, its got your name written all over it. Did you buy September a early birthday gift? If not, this would make a great one [;)] [:D]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Friday, July 1, 2005 4:10:39 PM
somehow I don't think 2 semi loads of rusting metal is exactly what she had in mind for a 1 year anniverasy gift. Now myselfm I would be very greatful....

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

Ryan, its got your name written all over it. Did you buy September a early birthday gift? If not, this would make a great one [;)] [:D]

www.modernmidways.com