Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Is Alfred and /or Dennis still living? I see there's a phone listing still for Alfred in Watseka, just curious. Also, thank you everyone for the links & info, greatly appreciated.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
I spent a few weeks booked in with Alfred and Dennis in the late 60's, early 70's. Two of the finest people I have every met and had great small show with good help. Alfred used to move his #12 Eli himself. I did get to rope it a time or two for him. Shows like that are what made this industry. Sunday school outfits!!!!
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
I've seen Majestic's catch'n air, I'm glad someone's carrying on the tradition of a great ride, it looks like it's well engineered & well built, but just not the same without the jump ramp & hydraulic descenders & air time.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
My family spent many years with Alfred Wall show
in the 70s, Alfred was one of those great old showmen,
everyday at call he would get on the P.A. and say
"Alright boys lets crank em up". I have a lot of
good memories of that time I probably should post in the history forum.
Anyhow I believe the Flying Coaster belonged to Dennis.
Alfred sold the show to Mike Parido(sp.)who changed the
name to Olympic amusements that was around 75 or 76

PS The show based in Watseka IL.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
The last year that Larry Carr played the Greensboro, NC fair..he had his set up on the midway..It was most likely the early 1990's..All I can say about Carr's Flying Coaster is, it was operating..
the picture of hila maynes and his prototype cat.made my day thank you![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
man is the only animal that can blush , or has the need to !