Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I work independently with a gentleman and his son they had a pony ride on Link show in the early 80's and some people knew me as cowboy. And Lobster Boy had his freak show on rod Link show then and I enjoy being on the circuit but back then their was his manager name Tom and I had some disagreement and so did I and rod son did too. But I pretty much got along with everyone that worked for Rod or were associated with the show as independent
I traveled state fairs with link shows From 73-75 worked the glass Nickle pitch for tony sandlin. Great guys I was only 14. And rod and everyone made sure I was ok from state to state. I went by the name Gary Miller. At the time. Out of Detroit mi. And south for winters. Anyone remember Tony sandlin.
I traveled state fairs with link shows From 73-75 worked the glass Nickle pitch for tony sandlin. Great guys I was only 14. And rod and everyone made sure I was ok from state to state. I went by the name Gary Miller. At the time. Out of Detroit mi. And south for winters. Anyone remember Tony sandlin.
[:D]Corky was my boss way back in 77 when i worked with Links... I worked Mini-Ball and then a Ballon-T-Shirt joint....
Always Mamma Teena
Always,Mamma
"With It...For It... Love It...Live It"
Welcome to MCW Kevin. Corky mentioned you had posted here, and I kept forgetting to take a look. He is a heckuva guy, spent the past four weeks with him. Enjoyed it.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
We was on the World of Pleasure Shows which was Greg's unit for almost 12 years. Then Dad was a unit manager for Rod on his 3rd unit. I grew up on that show as a teenager. We was on Gooding Amusemnts way back when Bus and Betty Weekly was the unit manager for Mr.Gooding. Now Dad is a unit manager for Frankie on the Wade Shows. I have been out of the business for about 15 years now. And presently working as a oilfield consultant on deepwater projects in the Gulf of Mexico.
One thing for sure my family are true carnies not the new age generation to the business. I will have to say my Dad is one of the best lot men you will ever see period. The other thing is I have never forgot where i came from. I still have carny blood in my body and will never forget where I came from......Kevin Jones
OK...thanks Bossman. That clears up the confusion I had.
Jon Stine was a really nice guy.His whole family has had some characters.
Jon never recovered from heart surgery.
UserPostedImage