Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

Small show I was on in Indiana had music on a Pirate Boat ride. Was one of the top grossers for them. Also had music on a Rock-O-Plane that did very well.

Small show I was on in Indiana had music on a Pirate Boat ride. Was one of the top grossers for them. Also had music on a Rock-O-Plane that did very well.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

When I first saw Strates in 85 the Scrambler was a blue and white, liked the way it looked.

I think that blue/turquoise was the same as we used on the trucks. I painted a lot of stuff, but I don't think I painted the Scrambler.

I was on the show (I think) moving the Pirate in '85

Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Oh, the Scrambler was a great ride. Steady money, good looking, great lights (with the crown package) easy to up and down, single load, low maintenance and virtually indestructible.

You could paint the whole thing in a few hours with a couple gallons of silver paint and a rag.

Strates still had the Scramber when I left the show, I don't remember him having a Sizzler.

Don't remember seeing Reithoffer's, but Strates' tried to copy the Himalaya building, but without a base, and with black canvas painted with stars and whatnot rather than scenery panels. It was ridiculous, and not in a good way.

When I first saw Strates in 85 the Scrambler was a blue and white, liked the way it looked.
Sofo Amusements of NY had Strates Super Sizzler for a year or two, maybe 2000-2001 but Strates took it back after Syracuse in 2001. Don't know what happened to it after that. Sofo also had the Strates Sky Wheel in 2000. It played some of their spots along with Meadowlands, Syracuse, Winston & Raleigh with Strates.
Oh, the Scrambler was a great ride. Steady money, good looking, great lights (with the crown package) easy to up and down, single load, low maintenance and virtually indestructible.

You could paint the whole thing in a few hours with a couple gallons of silver paint and a rag.

Strates still had the Scramber when I left the show, I don't remember him having a Sizzler.

Don't remember seeing Reithoffer's, but Strates' tried to copy the Himalaya building, but without a base, and with black canvas painted with stars and whatnot rather than scenery panels. It was ridiculous, and not in a good way.
Ride the Zipper?
I know but love that classic Scrambler look and the ride experience, I have been on both Sizzler and Super Sizzler and I liked the Super Sizzler but wasn't real impressed with the basic Sizzler. But I get it, 28' load, lap bars etc make it profitable for show owners, but my hat is off to those that still move the classic in this labor tight market.

Did he try to put a top over it like Reithoffer did with their Scrambler? I did see and ride that one once and liked it, but it was gone a couple of years after that, guess it wasn't doing that great plus all the extra set up/tear down.

I figured that Strates was going to replace his Scrambler with that Super Sizzler, but didn't he end up leasing it to someone for a while, then selling it to them?
Strates's partnered with his pilot (short guy, maybe 30s--- Anthrom?) to build a Himalya type building around a GM Scrambler called the "Galaxy Express", it was a mess. He (the pilot) tried to get it set up, but I do not remember it ever actually opening.

Fair idea, poorly executed. The Scrambler is a great ride, but it takes too long to load to win serious money.
Ride the Zipper?
When Little Joe and I were moving the Scrambler we put music on the ride and we stayed in top I would say top 10 rides, folks loved it. When Strates first had his Super Sizzler they had music on it.
Snyder's had a nice music operation on their Tempest.
The Calipso at the Long Beach Pike was nice.
Ride the Zipper?