Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bryan

Professional or not, is it legal? Since when did "mob" dealings not have an effect on the public?

Did you continue to buy or endorse Firestone tires?

Did you continue to buy, use or endorse Vioxx or any of the other drugs that have recently been pulled?

You are right about accidents. But an accident due to neglect is justified just because there are other products out there or industries that have had accidents caused by neglect?

So it's ok to not set a ride up properly and kill a child but it's not ok to be dealing drugs that might end up "in a childs hands"?

I just find your reasoning a bit hard to follow.

There is Proof of what Hughes did....at least in the media. Show me the news report of a Showman getting Busted for Mob ties? I have yet to see it. I think ride accidents are horrible some can be prevented. But you can't see everyhing that goes on when setting up a ride. All it takes is one "idiot" to ruin everything for you. The case in Ohio several people dropped the ball and they were all punished for it. They did not conspire to harm anyone. It just was negelgent on some peoples parts. Some more than others. Let's say a GM employee does'nt wire a car correctly and it explodes killing people. The CEO/ President won't be held accountable for it. That's not the case with the Carnival Business. Because of the Bias toward the Carnival Sterotype. I was working for Ford during the whole " Ford Exploder" incident and Ford and Firestone made it right with the people. The best they could. I got my free tires out of it ($1000 value)...lol Unfortunately there were some accidents that lead to the discovery of the tire problems. I'm not to Familiar with the Vioxx issue. But with all the people that take the drug there is bound to be reactions. There is no way to make every prescription drug safe for everybody and no way to tell how it will react on certain people.
Professional or not, is it legal? Since when did "mob" dealings not have an effect on the public?

Did you continue to buy or endorse Firestone tires?

Did you continue to buy, use or endorse Vioxx or any of the other drugs that have recently been pulled?

You are right about accidents. But an accident due to neglect is justified just because there are other products out there or industries that have had accidents caused by neglect?

So it's ok to not set a ride up properly and kill a child but it's not ok to be dealing drugs that might end up "in a childs hands"?

I just find your reasoning a bit hard to follow.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bryan

I just find it hard to support a "alledged Drug Dealer

So explain then, and I won't name names, but will name situations, are you able to support shows that have alleged criminal ties, or shows where fatal or injurious accidents are proven to be due in part to neglect or shows who practice unethical business dealings on a regular basis? All of those have been brought up at one time or another. Some are speculative, some are proven.

If you make a statement like you made above, then how can you support any show or any show person that operates illegally or unethically, regardless of the circumstances and whether it is "fair" or not?

Do you mean Possible Mob ties[;)] Those guys are all Professionals. They are alot more Organized and Descrete than wannabe Carny Cartels....There is a level of respect with them. The people involved is a tight circle of professionals and does'nt have a real effect on the general public. Selling Drugs that might wind up in kids hands is Different than "unethical" business dealings. When you talk about a accident were neglect caused a death... Guess what,That happens in every industry worldwide and you most likely own or use products from some of the companies that have may of caused fatalities.
I just find it hard to support a "alledged Drug Dealer

So explain then, and I won't name names, but will name situations, are you able to support shows that have alleged criminal ties, or shows where fatal or injurious accidents are proven to be due in part to neglect or shows who practice unethical business dealings on a regular basis? All of those have been brought up at one time or another. Some are speculative, some are proven.

If you make a statement like you made above, then how can you support any show or any show person that operates illegally or unethically, regardless of the circumstances and whether it is "fair" or not?
Innocent until proven guilty is a tradition that has almost extinct. I'll just say... People make mistakes.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

I don't think they are on supporting gary as much as they are trying to support the show. Gary is going to have to take care of this himself, but will need his crew to salvage some stuff and get the show on the road in a month or 2.

Right, without the show they need to find a new home....
I don't think they are on supporting gary as much as they are trying to support the show. Gary is going to have to take care of this himself, but will need his crew to salvage some stuff and get the show on the road in a month or 2.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Originally posted by pete_n_repete"I think everyone needs to support Gary instead of bad mouthing him. Thats the way I feel for now, but that could change too."

I realize you were the inside man over at CTA. I just find it hard to support a "alledged Drug Dealer". I'm sure there is alot of people here that feel the same way. Giving support to someone who had a accident or back luck is one thing....but none is deserved in this case. From the few times I met Gary he was pretty cool to me I have no beefs with him just what he "alledgedly" did.

ouch
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
^^^^^^^[:0]WOW ![:0]^^^^^^^^^^
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~