Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
My friend, Keith Stickley still owns and operates a Gabora show around Michigan, Indiana and Ohio areas.
Originally Posted by: Drummer1973 

this was my first job at the age of 12. im 60 now
just a local kid asking questions.
i had a ball!
standing on stage with a chain on my leg secured we drew an audience and a short time later packed the tent.

only one little mishap
someone recognized me
and they shouted
"hey! thats my babysitter!"
i worked laramie jubilee days and cheyenne frontier days

I worked on Strates forty years ago and he has a girl to gorilla show. Bob "Professor" Johnson was the talker.

It was a fun show...

Ride the Zipper?
this was my first job at the age of 12. im 60 now
just a local kid asking questions.
i had a ball!
standing on stage with a chain on my leg secured we drew an audience and a short time later packed the tent.

only one little mishap
someone recognized me
and they shouted
"hey! thats my babysitter!"
i worked laramie jubilee days and cheyenne frontier days
Once again, I have to say, that if this thing is well done with attention to detail and registration of the images, it is a great effect.

I wish there were more of thes kind of things out on the midways of today. They are fun, they can make money, and they are entertaining.
Many, many years ago, Carl J. Sedylmayr had a variation of pepper's ghost/girl to gorilla on RAS called, "GALATEA" in which a stone statue turned into a "living maiden".

Just another tidbit of info. pertaining to the gorilla girl on Royal American Shows...For the 1967 season, the show had a gorilla girl show (Princess Atasha) that was presented by George Dugan and Harry Renn was one of the top grossing shows all season...It was said that at St. Paul, MN that year, out of the entire back end line-up, this show grossed money only second to the "Club Lido Revue".

I remember (late 1970's ?) there was a girl to gorilla show booked on the Million Dollar Pier in Atlantic City, NJ (I believe this show was owned by the late Peter Hennen).
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
The Girl to Gorilla attraction is my alltime favorite midway sideshow. The last one I saw, though, was on the Strates midway at the NCSF in '93.
phil wilson is a very interesting guy. and does not get a whole lot of credit really. i remember years ago he had the mug joint and did pretty well with it. till he got sued by playboy if im not mistaken. then he built all those little joints i saw a while ago which was kinda neat as well. i remember like awhile ago also i played those spots in va at thewhole in the ground mall and the fence company deliverd his joint lol it was a long range with all fence. and to be honest it was the only joint i saw make any money really. ueah phil isa pretty smart guy in his own ways. hey lotman what ever happend to ruthie? i heard she is no longer there. lol i still get a kick out of those cheater rails she used to put up in her ringtoss. it looked so freeking tacky
i dont smell em i just tell em......
phil wilson still travels with his gorilla show. he is repainting the front this year. travels mostly with a of a.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
Boys...

We all love the Carnival Back End Shows...

But please remember, it's really all about turning the tip and paying the burr...

I enjoyed operating the G to G show, but to run it effectively requires a minimum of seven people, or it won't run at all...

Did any of you try to get seven people to show up for work on time lately?

I recently operated an excellent fairgrounds free circus for a few seasons with only six people...

This also ran out of steam, even though the $$$ was gauranteed as we only performed for buyout dates...

The American Worker is dead...

Perhaps we can outsource these shows to Pakistan or somewhere...

Prof.
Why stir it...
when you can fling it directly into the fan...

The Balduchhi Levitation is a minor street effect that has serious sight line and other issues that limit it effectiveness. Ifyou can do it well, great -- just hope you don't have to resort to camera ticks like David Blane to make it work.

The Pepper's Ghose effect works with far better sightlines and actually makes it possible to earn a little bit of cash for the gat.

Warren