Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I received my models today. Although not packed near as well as Don and Shirley would pack them, mine arrived unharmed. I noticed a couple of chipped paint pieces here and there, nothing major, those could have been there prior to shipment. Had a little trouble getting the MGR to light up. Part of the problem was that I was unfamiliar with how the light circuit connected to the base. Once I figured that out, it was a matter of bending the copper tab in the base to make contact. The only other problem was the busted piece of Spider fence, which was noted in the auction. A touch of CA cured that, and now it just needs to be touched up with some paint. All of the rides were test run, and ran smoothly. So besides maybe having a little better communication especially during the payment process, I really don't have any other complaints.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
i found a vollmer darkride on ebay, lets see if i win, its going for like $6.50 [:D] if i win im gonna retheme it [:p]
Donna emailed me last night to tell that she was shipping some other items I had won from them and asked if the models had arrived.

I replied telling her that the gravitron was broken, and the shaft on the sizzler was bent. She came back with how "sorry" she was, that they took great pains to insure everything was packaged well. (Yeah like throwing it in a box!) But no offers of a resolution, like "what could we do to make it right". Oh well, like the rest of you I have them running and now have two more Cummons models in my collection.
Thanks Matt. I'll let everyone know how they turn out.

BTW, pewter is spelled correctly =)

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Yes I agree with what everyone was saying. In fact, the packing material was orignal from the 1980s... old newspapers, old cotton, and some old pillow stuffing.

All in all, I am happy with what I got... but it is true, they could have been packed a bit more carefully. My shaft was bent on the Scat, but I was able to straighten it out. Since all my damage was minor, I really cant complain too much.

Like Jay was saying, you would think that since Cummons models are made of metal they would be more durable... well no, thats completely wrong. They arent steel- lol. They are low heat cast pewter (spelling?), and most of the parts are fragile, and could break if bent slightly. This is why packing is so important [:)]

Good luck Brett, I hope everything arrives OK!

3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Yes I agree with what everyone was saying. In fact, the packing material was orignal from the 1980s... old newspapers, old cotton, and some old pillow stuffing.

All in all, I am happy with what I got... but it is true, they could have been packed a bit more carefully. My shaft was bent on the Scat, but I was able to straighten it out. Since all my damage was minor, I really cant complain too much.

Like Jay was saying, you would think that since Cummons models are made of metal they would be more durable... well no, thats completely wrong. They arent steel- lol. They are low heat cast pewter (spelling?), and most of the parts are fragile, and could break if bent slightly. This is why packing is so important [:)]

Good luck Brett, I hope everything arrives OK!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Maybe they were banking on the fact that we all paid insurance on these models so if they break, then we can collect the insurance money and be on our merry ways. I dread getting mine tomorrow hearing all of these problems that everyone seems to be having. I would rather have to wait a few extra days in order for them to be repacked properly, then to have them wrapped up quickly, stuffed in a box and sent out. I realize that there are risks buying Cummons off of Ebay. It's risky due to being practically impossible to repack them the way Don and Shirley does. Perhaps they should have paid more attention to Matt when it came to shipping them out. Matt knows how they are shipped.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

Exactly Chris. I forgot to mention that when they packed the Sizzler they just put it back in the box unwrapped. When you get a model from Cummons it is wrapped up in a cotton type sheeting material and then placed in foam peanuts.

My advice is buyer beware of what you are getting. Even if the model is in good shape, it has to be packaged properly to survive the trip.

3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
LOL, all these rides INDEED sound like they were owned by Ed Gregory....lol sorry guys, just had to throw that out there..good luck fixing them and sorry to hear they were dammaged

matts got pics of his cobra and scat on the mcw photo gallery, his also had damage
you know you would think that a casted model from cummons would be more durrable and survive more then a plastic one. but it wouldent be true for that one point the models so heavy, even vibrations can jar it due to its weight.

plastic models even though being brittle and stuff of that nature have a better chance due to them being light they take shock more better and the flexing is an added advantage.
You'll miss us when were gone....
Exactly Chris. I forgot to mention that when they packed the Sizzler they just put it back in the box unwrapped. When you get a model from Cummons it is wrapped up in a cotton type sheeting material and then placed in foam peanuts.

My advice is buyer beware of what you are getting. Even if the model is in good shape, it has to be packaged properly to survive the trip.
Some people do not know how to pack a package for shipment period, no matter what it is. I bought an RAH Zipper from a guy last year off of Ebay, looked decent from the photos, but when I got it, it was just thrown in the box, a few packing peanuts thrown in, and pieces were broken off, a few pieces missing (which was not disclosed when I bid on it and won). You have to package stuff just right or things will get damaged. I ship stuff by UPS on a daily basis and know how to properly package an item, it is not hard to do. After all, what is a few extra minutes spent on packing right to prevent damage?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain