Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hey Chris, what do you think the reserve is????
Thanks Donna. No offense meant towards you or anything like that.

Okay, less than 24 hours to go, current bid is $1,076.00, reserve not met.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Thanks for the reply, Donna. It clears up some of the questions. Good luck with the auction.[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind my popping in here...

I wanted to respond to some of the wonderings I have seen on this post. Yes, they were all in their original boxes and had never been opened. As to why the owner never opened them I can only guess that he had more money than he knew what to do with and he was just happy to have them? Some of the boxes were postmarked in the late 80's and lots of them were postmarked in 1994. So, they have been quietly sitting in their boxes until this last Tuesday night when we made a huge mess out of our partner's apartment and unpacked all of them. If any of you have ever unpacked a Cummons ride, you will know what I mean. The packing is tremendous! I have never seen anything like it! There is the box, then, inside of the box looks to be foam that has been cut up into little tiny pieces. Then, there is newspaper and butcher paper wrapped around the "package". Then, the package is butcher paper all taped up around the ride which is covered in this cotton like material and inserted into three or four foam pieces (the stem). Quite good packing but very hard to unpack. We will be shipping all of the pieces in the original packing material just the way the Cummons' packed them. Even with all of that great packing, there were two tiny problems. The Spider lost a piece of its fence and the Cobra lost a seat. Minor fixes. All in all, the pieces are in pristine condition.

There was on guy who asked why we didn't write "Runs Great" on all of the pieces. I just didn't think. They all do run great. It was fun putting them on their bases and turning them on and watching them run. Really amazing! :-)

We will be listing the pieces individually if they do not sell as a group. Beleive me, I have heard you guys but I am one of three and we compromised on a three day group auction. If that doesn't work, then we have agreed to go individually.

Hope that info helps.

Donna
Yeah Dan, I would have tore into those boxes! lol (Like I do when my Warren Renauld models come! lol)

Pinetar, to be honest, I am not sure what is "fair," but I, for example, see that price and immediately say "well, I won't be bidding, I cannot afford it." And there are many, many others like that as well. Now, if, say, the models were offered individually, then I could pick one I liked and bid away. $300-400 is a far cry from the well over $1000 they (I assume) are asking for. That I could do. But as a whole lot? Nope, no can do. So I, like many others, sit back and watch, sorry that I missed out on a great model or two.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Chris you are right. I saw that base that the ride was missing on and the fencing looked familiar. It is a skywheel base. Good eye Chris.

In their descriptions of the rides they say they were all in original packaging. Did whom ever purchased these rides never take them out of the boxes???[;)]
What is fair $200 a pop?
UserPostedImage
Looking at the photos again, I can see on the Sky Wheel base that it appears the Sky Wheel was there, I wonder what happened to it.
Yeah, I can understand that, too. It is only a three day listing, so if she doesn't get the reserve price (which I doubt she will, in my opinion), my guess is she will re-list them as a group and try again. She really should have sold them individually. She posted about them in the Ridemodlers group and the response was the same, list them individually, but apparently her mind was made up.
Chris, I asked and they would not divulge the reserve. I understand. They are trying to get the most for the models and if they reveal the reserve then most people would only bid upto the reserve and stop. I suspect the reserve is more than the street value of the models.