Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

crazyspin Posted - 12/07/2004 : 11:49:06 AM

Hey Joe, I didn't know you had models!

No ride models, just a couple of hotrod cars and some of the old "monsters"--Wolfman, Frankenstein, The Mummy. I also scored some old, old Ed "Big Daddy" Roth stuff from a retro toy store that had boxes of models from the 60's(expensive). I bought some of the custom car models as well as a bunch of the "Rat Finks". Childhood memories!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by powersbt

I use Q-Tips as well, avoiding using alcohol. I find that anything that involves moisture, even the compressed air cans can have moisture and can create havoc. I cleaned my Sky Diver a while back, never cleaning it prior to then and it was a 3 hour job. You should start at the top, work, downward, and then clean the trailer last. Once the trailer is cleaned, remove the ride from the base if it has one, and vacuum the dust off the base. The only disadvantage I had with Q Tips is that fiber would often get snagged and pulled off on the sweeps and lights. Other than that, it worked great.

The compressed air i use is called "REAIR" and it comes with a pump that you can pump air back into the can once its empty, it doesnt last as long as the compressed air cans but bc you can refill it, it works well, and theres no moisture that comes out......works real well for models...
I use Q-Tips as well, avoiding using alcohol. I find that anything that involves moisture, even the compressed air cans can have moisture and can create havoc. I cleaned my Sky Diver a while back, never cleaning it prior to then and it was a 3 hour job. You should start at the top, work, downward, and then clean the trailer last. Once the trailer is cleaned, remove the ride from the base if it has one, and vacuum the dust off the base. The only disadvantage I had with Q Tips is that fiber would often get snagged and pulled off on the sweeps and lights. Other than that, it worked great.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
well of course I flush, but you must remember to give a courtesy flush for others who might be in the path.[;)]
Gasoline and a blow torch usually does the trick for me.....or, just smear 'em with some KY Jelly. (Those of you who hang out in mIRC chat knew that was coming, didn't ya?)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carnie_Joe930

I use a can of computer cleaner. It's compressed air in a spray can and comes with one of those little plastic tubes(like WD-40 has)and can go in tight places.

Hey Joe, I didn't know you had models!
Great ideas everybody! I'll try some of them next time I clean my show!

Hey 2ndgencarny: Do you flush the toilet? [:p][:D]
I use a can of computer cleaner. It's compressed air in a spray can and comes with one of those little plastic tubes(like WD-40 has)and can go in tight places.
This is a good question. I just took one of my two Sky Wheel models, the older of the two, and "refurbished" it with new "lights" and paint, and fixed a couple of broken pieces, but the dust was terrible, I gotta get better at keeping my models clean. If I don't, I'll end up having a dirty, rag-bag looking show. lol I like the brush idea, I will try it out.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Good ideas guys, I havent cleaned mine in a while, im more worried at the moment where im going to put Freefall and Flipper :|
UserPostedImage