Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Conklin doesn't purchase anything extra that they don't need such as the backwalls. Conklin's Tidal Wave (Pirat), Rainbow, Looping Star (Ranger), Enterprise, G-Force and Crazy Flip never came with backwalls. For Conklin this allows better ride placement for rides like the Enterprise, G-Force and Tidal Wave.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by FunkyTown

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by korny_carny

alot of times on the Polar with WFS they wont even bother putting up the backwall and marquee for the whole event. Looks great when they do though.

Yea most small date spots wont have the back wall, but heck Conklin Shows doesnt bother putting up a back wall when it comes to some rides.

pre tear down is a little upsetting but at the next spot on opening night those patrons will be more impressed that everything is up, inspected and running. my question would be why is the operator standing in the middle of the spin out while it is in operation?
I hate striping a ride early. We forbid our guys from doing it. It realy does look bad and it give the customer the feeling that you don't want them to ride or they may feel the ride may not be safe if something looks different than it did a few hours ago. It realy doesn't save that much time.
Even Matt C. does a early tear down on his models. The Pharohs Fury with the Ring Of Fire Pic. The Fury's Walls already tear down with a tired green help laying on the ground. [:p] Just playin with ya Matt!!
Quote:

quote:

alot of times on the Polar with WFS they wont even bother putting up the backwall and marquee for the whole event. Looks great when they do though.

Yea most small date spots wont have the back wall, but heck Conklin Shows doesnt bother putting up a back wall when it comes to some rides.
on a circus jump. ok
one day jump, maybe
other than that, unless the green help situation is bad, i dont see any gain to it.
But the pre-strips saves alot of time. When Im on tour and Ozzy is on his encore, were already taking stuff down and the second stage is mostly gone by now.
Playworld Amusements and McDonagh's Amusements are good for stripping stuff, moreso Playworld. I agree, from a fan, or visitor point of view, it looks tacky when I go to a lot on a Sunday afternoon planning on getting pics and then seeing stuff stripped off (like the scenery on the Himalaya, top on the Scooter, Zipper sign, star lights on the Sky Wheel, etc.). Pugh Shows was always good for that, too, in their day.

****Right there with you Mike! lol lol****

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

lol yeah, WFS is a strong believer in the pre-strip idea...

Im all for it when i gotta do the tearing down, but when you visit a show and they are pre-stripping, the stuff looks bear and not very professional if you ask me...