Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I remember his show very well. I have many memories of my days on his show working games for billy schafer back in the 80's . Most of which are happy memories . Sorry to hear that he has passed on . Anyone in here ever hear of billy schafer from the tampa fla area .he owned a few games but in his younger days he did a circus sway pole act . i worked games for billy during the 80's . i lost contact with him around the late 80's . I had heard he had also passed on does any one know if this is true ?
Sometime between 1996 and 1998, I tried to buy Eugene's rides, a eli wheel, ah rodeo, s&s planes, hampton tubs of fun, king frolic. He wanted 90,000. for the rides, trailer and route. I was not interested in the route but he would not sell the rides alone. Some time later he sold the entire show of five g/m rides and trailer for 30,000. I understand from what he told me, that his show carried 16 to 18 rides in it glory days...
I played a spot in syracuse with gene back in 91 or so at westvale plaza I put up my water race and gene said that it had more lights than his whole show i couldnt turn the awning or marquee lights on because we were hooked up to city juice and it would have blown the breaker. he was probably the smothest talker that there ever was in the business if him and Larry Carr ever hooked up to book a route they could have got anyspot they went for. not sure which one is a better patch any others share this opinion?
Eugene Simpson of Canastota N.Y. passed on 11/9/04 He was the owner of Wonderful World Shows. He owned the show for 45 years playing mostly New York state. Many central New York shows started from working with Wonderful World Shows, Shows such as Kennedy Amusements, Midway Rides of Utica, Green Mountain Amusements as well as others. Many Concession operators from all over the country took a shot at a week or two with the " Show with the heart of gold" I noticed in the history area that there is a forum for Wonderful World Shows.