Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Boils The Clown

Yes , I can say I have seen them make some amazing openings that one would think it was impossible ! I can voluch for Midwest Midways . The General,a.k.a. Robert Briggs ,can make some serious circus jumps from hell & back and make openings, like I have seen no other.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by KristopherManning

I am taking my camera with me. I've not been to opening day of a fair in a great long time. I hope everything is all set up. I remember seeing a few shows open with everything still being set up. Anyone know if Midwest Midways has a record of being 100% ready when the gates open?

they are already in macon.

They can make jumps fine. This year they closed in gA on sunday night 2am (yes 2am) and jumped 2 seperate units to the north sides of Chicago and made thursday opening.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Yes , I can say I have seen them make some amazing openings that one would think it was impossible ! I can voluch for Midwest Midways . The General,a.k.a. Robert Briggs ,can make some serious circus jumps from hell & back and make openings, like I have seen no other.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by KristopherManning

I am taking my camera with me. I've not been to opening day of a fair in a great long time. I hope everything is all set up. I remember seeing a few shows open with everything still being set up. Anyone know if Midwest Midways has a record of being 100% ready when the gates open?

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
i talked to joe lane today. he told me carr was set up at shea stadium this week.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
Someone get a few nice pics of Midwest Midways' Sky Wheel. It is the one that Crown Amusements used to own, one of the nicest Sky Wheel's I had ever seen--nicely painted, always 100% lit, quiet, smooth, and then they sold it in 1997. I know it went to Chance and got refurbished and then went to Australia for a while (less than a year), came back to the USA and then Midwest Midways bought it. I miss it. LOL
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
They are booking rides in, couple of decent sized shows are sending in stuff.

Stan Minker is in charge of games there.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
If you can, please take lots of photos of the rides at this fair and post them to webshots when you have some time so we can all see the rides at the Georgia State Fair.

Thankyou very much.

Bob Eaton
Kristopher,

Off the top of my head:

Sky Wheel
Wisdom Giant Wheel
Thunder Bolt
Spider
Scrambler
Hi Roller
Ring of Fire (old McDonaugh one... remanufactured by Larson)
Wind Shear
Force 10
Ghost Train
Cobra
Reverchon Explorer
Gee Wizz
Tornado
Gravitron
Yo-Yo

I know they are booking some pieces in also, I heard Larry Carr was a posibility. If you go out there, be sure to snap some photos for us and give a full trip report! Stop by the office and say hello to Robert and Frank Briggs, just tell them that you post on here.

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Anyone know what to expect? Midwest Midways has taken over the spot from AoA. Doesn't look like they have as large of a ride lineup that AoA has. Are they booking in other rides? I'm most likely gonna hit that fair this coming Monday. Possible the SkyWheel, Explorer and Windshear will be there?

Kris