Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

@Scott

Thanks for your informations.

I have some facts.

-> Louisiana Expo had not Pirate there. Only a Skylab, Rainbow and Condor (Cyclo) Ride from HUSS was there.

-> Archway Amusement Pirate 1 - I think, it´s Ocean City Amusement Park in Ocean City, Maryland ? Archway Amusements bought it from Jim Hall ? Is the information correct ? It´s now at Helm & Sons this year ?

-> Archway Amusement Pirate 2 - What is the name of the southwest park ? Wonderland in Amarillo ? - Who was the owner before Joe bought the Pirate ?

Scott, you can help me, if you can ask Joe about the chronologies about these both Pirates. Thank you very much for your help !

Best Greets from Germany

Knowledge

Ok guys, here's the deal, last Thursday my AOL crapped out on me so I wasn't able to print off these questions. I wasn't able to remember all the questions to ask Joe but... Joe wasn't on the lot when I got there, he had left for the last town to pick up a load and bring it back, we had a quick lunch when he got back, and due to the large number of people there, we endded up at different tables! My time with him was very brief, as he had to go back to the last town with his nephew to get another couple of loads.

He's what I did find out tho

The Pirate with the Euro spelling "Pirat" was sold to a Park in Amarillo, Tx. The other "Pirate" was at Ocean City Amusement Park as the person above mentioned. It is still on the west coast but not in use at this time. As I understand it all of the "big dates" are over out there. Joe did not bring the ride back to the midwest and as I understand it has plans to go back to California next spring.

Joe spent 50,000 dollars referbinshing the ride. Angie ( his wife) told me they had Jessie James of Discovery channel fame order them some special paint ( cost of over 100.00 per gallon) and had new fiberglass seat inserts made. The ride looks Brand spanking new as if it came out of the HUSS plant!

The ride was put up in first town ( I'm thinking DelMar but not 100% on that one without the seats on it. They were put on 3 days into the fair. Joe said the ride did "Ok out there, but enjoyed the west coast atmosphere. Hes said the work days there are more layed back than the Midwest.

The ride is FOR SALE if any of you are intersted in buying it.

As for any other questions, I talk to his Mom and Sister all the time, once they get in from the road I'll have them ask about the other questions ( if you will remind me ) and send them your way.

Scott
poor huss rides, if i was a travelling showman, id have 4 Huss rides, Rainbow, Enterprise, Pirate and Breakdance no.1 and they would be my pride and joy
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

PS: Excuse me for my bad english !

As for "bad english" don't worry about it, most american's don't speak proper English.... we are used to it!

ain'dat rite my peeps?

I will print these questions out and take them with me guys.... glad to help you out!

[:D]
@Scott

Thanks for your informations.

I have some facts.

-> Louisiana Expo had not Pirate there. Only a Skylab, Rainbow and Condor (Cyclo) Ride from HUSS was there.

-> Archway Amusement Pirate 1 - I think, it´s Ocean City Amusement Park in Ocean City, Maryland ? Archway Amusements bought it from Jim Hall ? Is the information correct ? It´s now at Helm & Sons this year ?

-> Archway Amusement Pirate 2 - What is the name of the southwest park ? Wonderland in Amarillo ? - Who was the owner before Joe bought the Pirate ?

Scott, you can help me, if you can ask Joe about the chronologies about these both Pirates. Thank you very much for your help !

Best Greets from Germany

Knowledge

PS: Excuse me for my bad english !
From what I can see here's a couple differences between the park and portable versions.

1. The portable version has hydrolic rigging for setting up the ride.

2. There's a base frame that connects the four booms to the trailer holding the drive motors.
Sure...
Ask Joe if there such a thing as park model and portable model Huss Pirate.
That should give us and answer to the question above from someone who should know...

Thanks
Royal American never owned the Pirate. Joe Noerper ( Archway Amusements) owned it. It came out of the 1984 New Orleans Worlds Fair. Joe had 2 Huss Pirates and the show owns a Chance Pharo's Fury. One of the Pirates was sold to a park in the American southwest a few years ago.

Joe put his Pirate in Ocean City Md. park ( Jolly Rogers I think) for a couple of years, it did well one year then not so well the next.

Joe was the driving force for getting Larry Davis's Giant Wheel in St. Louis' Forest Park this year for the 100th anniversery of the Worlds Fair. In a gesture of thanks, Larry Davis' son in law Dave Helms ask Joe to bring his Pirate out to the west coast this year and work with him, since Joe hasn't had any where to take it since RAS went off the road, and Jolly Rogers fell flat.

If any of you have any questions about the ride, I"ll be having lunch with Joe and his family this Thrsday and I'll be glad to ask him.

I hope that helps.

Scott
There is one sitting at the defunct lesordsville lake park AKA pughs 2nd mistake...lol
I am not certain, but I was under the impression that the Huss Pirate that Archway Amusements had on the road originally belonged to Royal American. Not certain on that though. As for being portable, Strates is a portable model, it seems to be built just the same as all other Huss Pirates I have seen that were porable. I have had the chance to take a quick look at Strates and Archways and Drews, besides being in different condition they were all about the same structuraly. Drews was the best looking when I saw it, however Strates was looking pretty darn good when I saw it in Gaithersburg MD a few years back. It is intersting how the Pirate is built, The Frisbee is built almost the same way, very similar towers and the drive for a Huss Frissbee runs off a center trailer, not off of motors on the Towers like a KMG Fireball. Just thougth that was kind of interesting.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.