Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Lol That training was posted on the message board at work a year ago very funny but it seems like we get that training every day at our jobs lol
Heh, how about hearing the phrase "that's not my job" on a regular basis? In the job I had before this one, I heard that from the other inside sales guy everyday, well almost, at least three times a week! I finally ended up asking him "What exactly is your job? Can you please explain it to me?" He never did answer....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by coacoabeware

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

The stories I could tell you from retail........

same here

I work two jobs...not bragging, just doing what I need to to get by. My part-time job is in retail, so I know as to what you speak Ryan.

However, in my full-time position, I'm in a situation where even though I know I'm not the most educated person in the building, I know I have more going for me than the man(?)in charge does.

TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATION!!!...especially when he feels obligated to tell you how to do your job! I've got to stop now...I feel my blood pressure rising!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

The stories I could tell you from retail........

same here
nice lance
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
rotflmao lance
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RideMan

I can relate to that one! I work for a University, in an Information Technology department that cannot operate without student help. In fact, this week, we're giving all our green help four days of Special High Intensity Training in hopes that they can help keep the department running. Now these are all college students, they're all supposed to be pretty smart, and most of them are. Some of them are a little bit lazy, and a few just don't get it, but in general, they're pretty good.

Special High Intensity Training 

[;)]

UserPostedImage

Bossman, there are 2 key people in the shop but they lack as far as supervisory skills are concerned. They are not good at playing kindergarten with the dumb dreks. We have numerous people coming and going but most are without common sense.

I gave up hollering years ago, now, I just tear out my hair. I could handle a large crew as long as i am not tied down with a specific job as I am now, making tapered pins.
As far as my comments here, I am simply reporting my observations. Are basic crew is fine, the temps take a lot of energy. Without good supervision they turn everything into drek. I want perfection to details.

We have no idea if you run a rag bag or top notch operation because you refuse to post pics, so we can't judge what you do to know if you are on top of it or just squeaking by.
UserPostedImage
I have been in the club for eons eli, it is why I sold my show.
UserPostedImage
Pinetar, why are you having to find new help all the time? Treat your help like they are human and they will keep your door beat down looking for work. Work them on days you aren't busy with small jobs around your shop. You are just going to have to find a little kindest in your heart. Slip them a 5 or 10 in their pocket every once and a while and them them they are good a good job. Works for me everytime and I don't have to use those four letter words.