Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

GIVE ME A BREAK YOU KNOW GENE WAS JUST AN SCAPEGOAT FOR THE SYSTEM. ONCE AGAIN WATCH YOUR *****.

I've heard it many times, a judge asking a defendant, "are you pleading guilty because you are guilty," and "you realize you have a right to a trial, to face your accusers?" To plead guilty to something one is not guilty of is a travesty of justice, period, but it happens daily in courts across the country. Why? Some of those charged feel the jury of their peers may have a grudge or past negative experience they will carry with them to the jury room. I see it as being similar to a game agent pleading guilty when they get snatched for robbing a mark. They realize it's the price they pay for getting caught, and knowing a jury might just feel the need to get even for a bad childhood experience at a game joint! There are many good, honest folks in the carnival industry, but those who aren't make things bad for those who are. The old adage, "what goes around, comes around" unfortunately comes into play in our judicial system more often than one may think. It doesn't make it right or fair, but what in life is right and fair these days?
"People are a dime a dozen; human beings, priceless!"
*** Racketpatch ***
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 07/13/2004 : 11:53:29 AM bygrimmy14103

DID ANYONE KNOW THAT NICK ISN'T EVEN IN JAIL NOW AS HE IS APPEALING. MY BROTHER IN LAW GENE GOT MORE JAIL TIME THAN NICK THATS REAL FAIR DON'T YOU THINK. THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE GENE AN EXAMPLE TO YOU OTHER OWNERS OUT THERE SO WATCH YOUR *****. I'M SURE THE STATE INSPECTORS WILL GET A SLAP ON THE HAND TOO.

I'm not so sure about that..... I still think they will come out of this in the worst shape of all those charged.
Quote:

quote:

PLEASE SO SOME SUPPORT FOR GENE BECAUSE YOU COULD BE THE NEXT VICTIM OF OHIO. TO THE PERSON WHO SAID GENE NEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG YOU'RE WRONG. IF YOU WENT TO TRIAL WITH ALL THE IGNORANT PEOPLE OUT THERE DON'T YOU THINK HE'D BEEN IN PRISON FOR LONGER THAN IN JAIL?

Sorry, I should have prefaced my statement with "IMHO" as that is my opinion. Call me what you may, but I still have faith in the justice system, and being innocent until proven guilty.
Quote:

quote:

GIVE ME A BREAK YOU KNOW GENE WAS JUST AN SCAPEGOAT FOR THE SYSTEM. ONCE AGAIN WATCH YOUR *****.

IMHO, so long as you follow the rules, you should have nothing to be afraid of.....

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
30 days vs 6 months Thats unreal! Just goes to show how badly the general public looks at those of us that are with it.............vs those that are not. Not matter what they will always look down on us. I feel badly for Gene and wish him the best of luck!
UserPostedImage
The tv expose's are already rolling in Ohio. Last week they interviewed show & park owners asking them their opinion of the state inspection team. Then they had the cameras all over Kevin Nolans Tilt which they said passed the elec. inspection but to my knowledge was still red-tagged for bow plate problems.

You know the public must be gun shy by now.
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Chaffee ... was ordered to have no future involvement with carnivals.

Well, I don't think that the judge needed to tack this baggage on the sentence. There's not an insurance company out there that would affordably insure Gene after the guilty plea.

For him to plead guilty and get 6 months means that there had to be some pretty solid evidence that he knew that something was wrong, and chose to ignore it.

Right now, if I were one of those Ride Inspectors, I'd be awful darn nervous, as I think they will come out even worse. I said it before, and I'll say it again -- they will be held to an even higher standard because of what they do. Their job is to protect the General Public, and it appears that they failed miserably at doing it in this case.....
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
remember the o.a.b.a.if they showed any support at all for gene maybe the case mighht have come out a little different if he had a little more resources to defend himself the 6000 dollar check is still in the mail the next time you see HONEST BOB JOHNSON or AL 10 PERCENT DERUSHA ask them about it when you are asked to contribute or *****sed keep this in mind speak up remember it is your money you do not have to particapate if you do not wish to especially in this day and age legaly nobody can force you for funds you do not wish to give
Bill M
remember the o.a.b.a.if they showed any support at all for gene maybe the case mighht have come out a little different if he had a little more resources to defend himself the 6000 dollar check is still in the mail the next time you see HONEST BOB JOHNSON or AL 10 PERCENT DERUSHA ask them about it when you are asked to contribute or *****sed keep this in mind speak up remember it is your money you do not have to particapate if you do not wish to especially in this day and age legaly nobody can force you for funds you do not wish to give
Bill M
Somehow this doesn't seem quite right to me, such a difference in sentencing. Almost seems like it should have been the reverse.
If it was an overhead system(like hytensil utility wires)each ride would have needed a chasis ground.Which could have simply been provided by a 6'copper ground round pounded in at the pole!!It is said to see gene crucified for a stupid mistake by someone that should have known better!!This opens the bussiness wide up for further actions just like this!So does this mean if the local civic group with a wooden hot dog wagon gives someone food poisining then the gordon food service store manager where they bought the product can go to jail too!
Kinda like punishing the cat when the dog was the one that dumped on the carpet.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain