Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I know at one some point I've heard of it, but don't remember where. But I can honestly say that I didn't think it actually existed. Is amazing and odd, don't you think.
Retired but missing it...
"The hussle hard but we have to enterprise..."-Wycleaf Jean-

"For all your travel needs ... just give me a click"
Conklins wheel hauls ass
Its not impossible it just costs more.
I managed to see it in person yesterday from the Gardner. It moves very slow unlike Conklin's.
I knew i had seen one of these before it took me a while to figure out where i had seen it heres a link.

Quote:

quote:

http://www.romyrides.com/

Look under Rentals and then click on majors and you will find about 5 good pictures of it.
Its not impossible it just costs more.
The Drive-In Wheel is at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto. Just saw it on the local news. Didn't realize that it was in Toronto.
It has the same number of spokes as Conklins so both wheels should be the same height. The base platform looks small without the queue lines in place.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

Yes, the operator of the wheel told me that Kroon had sold the exact model to Conklyn before. (not sure if this one is higher or Conklyn's is.)

UserPostedImage
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
Yes, the operator of the wheel told me that Kroon had sold the exact model to Conklyn before. (not sure if this one is higher or Conklyn's is.)
It looks like a similar model to Conklin's Giant wheel but without the gondolas.
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 06/13/2004 : 02:10:37 AM by BSA Mike

I remember seeing a drawing or something like this on usedrides.com a few years ago

That would have been in one of the numerous ads on there for A*Basic Service, http://www.abasicservice.com/ . All their proposed projects seemed to be pie in the sky, but few details if any of any of their projects seem to be available. The website is a marketer's dream, with tons of keywords to try to boost their position in the search engines. Big on hype, but very few tangibles to show.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy