Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thank you to all that have replied , anyone else feel free to interject your thoughts , and this can be moved to the above sticky if needed . Again i should've put it there in the begining . [:I]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
I also have a somewhat vested interest in ride safety and I find the discussions of the various incidents here educational and worthwhile. Those of you who work directly in the business ofen have some very important comments to offer regarding the incidents. I think that they belong here -- out in the open -- for discussion and input from everyone. Creating a separate forum would, I think, see a lack of open discussion and an assimilation of negative points. Just my two cents worth.

Warren from Orlando
It just occured to me that this topic should have gone under the above sticky , opps...[:I]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ridesafe

I can see your point, rd, but any search for that kind of information that would lead them to this site, I believe, would send them to the seperate forum, wouldn't it? That way people who don't already have that stuff in mind when they come here aren't confronted with it immediately. I just think it is a good idea to separate it.

Yes, I agree that it would be good to have it in a seperate area on the forum.
Safety is an an easy social topic for all to reference in the other medias for which all will have an opinion. Some would like to talk rumors but there is nothing to reference except, "he said she said". We need to keep abreast of safety to keep on top of situations that apply to us. whether they are riders, operators, owners.
UserPostedImage
I can see your point, rd, but any search for that kind of information that would lead them to this site, I believe, would send them to the seperate forum, wouldn't it? That way people who don't already have that stuff in mind when they come here aren't confronted with it immediately. I just think it is a good idea to separate it.
"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot shouting nonsense down a hole." -Adam Duritz
However, if we allow people to get their opinions about carnivals only from the news media they will be assured of having a negative view. If people that really know the facts post them on here there will at least be a place where they may be more able to get an unbiased opinion. Granted the bashers are always going to say "I knew that was going to happen to that show because everything they have is crap", but most of the general public can tell the difference between a factual posting and a basher's rantings.

A search of the web will always bring out the negatvies of an accident but at least this forum MAY provide a resource for more factual information.

Just my opinion.
I agree. I have a vested interest in each and every accident that happens in our industry, but I understand that it isn't what everyone else wants/needs to read about, and on top of that, I'm sure that for people just doing net research into the industry, this website certainly helps in forming their opinion. Accidents and so forth being talked about in the main forum and so frequently can only add to the negativity that is already part of the public opinion. I think that's a great idea.
"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot shouting nonsense down a hole." -Adam Duritz
I did mean seperate from the "Carnival and Modeling" section....
I too definitly noticed more accidents being talked about. I really dont want to see all these topics on accidents/deaths/injuries. Takes away from the good stuff here on MCW.

~V~
*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*