Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

引用:

quote:

He's an elderly gentleman. That's the best I can do. Wouldn't begin to try and guess his age. Might make someone try and guess mine. Ouch!

Bosman said there was no one here older than him, but he disappeared but I figure you for 65-70. That's within 5 years for the top shelf.

Not near that old yet. Are you looking for a knuckle sandwich? I have girlfriends half that age.
Sixcats have nine lives
I remember the last, or second to last, year that Goodings played the Mid South fair. I think CVS had booked on their new Chance giant wheel. First time I had seen one.

After the fair closed, Googings ride jocks went on STRIKE! I remember several rides, including their skywheel, being left on the lot for a week.

Farrow won the date from Goodings and has played the fair ever since.
My Dad says he remembers Gooding Amusement Company, they were quite the operation for their time. And nope, we will never see an operation like that again. Anyone got a time machine that works? Would not mind seeing what this show was like, lol. (Along with other great shows of the time.) [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
引用:

quote:

He's an elderly gentleman. That's the best I can do. Wouldn't begin to try and guess his age. Might make someone try and guess mine. Ouch!

Bosman said there was no one here older than him, but he disappeared but I figure you for 65-70. That's within 5 years for the top shelf.
UserPostedImage
引用:

quote:

I'm sure we are talking about the same person, however, if so, he is in his 80's by now, correct?

Sixcats have nine lives
Oh, and image the support equipment to operate those 12 Units and the 169 rides...
How many generators, tractors, office trailers, etc....
If I remember correctly the article said that they had 12 Units and 169 rides... I don't remember if that was Gooding Amusement Co., Gooding's Million Dollar Midway or both!

Lets see 12 tilts, 12 scramblers, 12 ferris wheels, 12 merry-go-rounds and may be 12 hamptons. That is 60 rides right there alone... I would imagine each unit probably had each of these???

They were definitly the BIGGEST...
I'm sure we are talking about the same person, however, if so, he is in his 80's by now, correct?
UserPostedImage
引用:

quote:

Who else got there start with Gooding? That person with the flying Coaster may have, Harvey Wilson-nice guy, he was around for years. They used a lot of independents, actually, they were the ideal position for an independent back when it was successful. You could buy anything and expect to book it with them. It isn't so easy today, much more competition, no need to run 10 units.

If you mean Harvey Wilson, father of Phil of gorilla show fame, then he's still around. I saw both of them last Sunday at the Tampa club's BBQ. Harvey is a very nice guy who has survived throat cancer
Sixcats have nine lives
Who else got there start with Gooding? That person with the flying Coaster may have, Harvey Wilson-nice guy, he was around for years. They used a lot of independents, actually, they were the ideal position for an independent back when it was successful. You could buy anything and expect to book it with them. It isn't so easy today, much more competition, no need to run 10 units.
UserPostedImage