Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bryan-
I haven't got that information yet, but when I get back from Marriette Ga. I should have it and will send it to you.
Take care and talk with you a little down the line.

sweet baby
Hey Pink...do you have information on the spring route for Myers? I'd love to see them when they first come into KY but I dont know exactly where or when that is. Can you help me? PM me the info since we aren't supposed to put still date info on the board.
Not much new here in Gibtown. I was in showtown resturant this morning for breckfast and hardly anyone I knew there. I guess they have all left for the road. The weather is sure beautiful here.
I will be visiting my son in Marriette Ga. in 2 weeks on Myers amusements. At least I will get a little taste of the road.
I know I will miss it this summer.
I love seeing all the carnival stuff on e-bay. It was very interesting. Stuff I never thought I see on e-bay.
Anyone else got any news from Gibtown?
Anyone else on line here remember George Sanders and when he was at the showmens club museum. He has passed away 2 1/2 years now, and he left this world with alot of knowledge about the carnival business. Old rides, fairs, games, etc. I sure do miss him.
I hope to hear from some of you carneys out there. [:X]
sweet baby
Pinkfluff....if you do get out to visit and drive up my way into Kentucky...please let me know!
I wish I could leave again for the road... [V]
Retired but missing it...
"The hussle hard but we have to enterprise..."-Wycleaf Jean-

"For all your travel needs ... just give me a click"
I sent jw's reply to my daughter, as you can tell it touched her too.
We both miss George alot. He will never get the recrenition he deserves for all the work he did for the museum, but in our hearts we will remember and not forget.
It will take alot of money to build the new museum, so I know its a few years yet down the road. I will keep supporting it til it is finished or I am not around any longer. I would like to be around when it is finished because it was Georges dream. A place to show our carnival history, a place to be proud of what we do in our life.
I am proud to be with it, I am proud to say I am a carny.
George was very proud of the carnival, of its history, and the new museum will have a part of all of us on display. I can't wait to see it finished.
sweet baby
[:X]
I just want to say how much I appreciate the kind words about George Sanders and his love and devotion to the museum of the carnival. I am his daughter and he would spend hours in his personal libary he had made from an old truck that was on our family property in Gibsonton. I have many fond memories and I have never knew someone like him that could just spend hours talking about the rides and their history. Years from now most will not know that the museum started with a dream that was my fathers, but in my heart I will always know and I will pass that on to my kids. He had a wonderful knowledge that I hope will never be lost. Thanks again, Charmin Jahn
jw
God bless you for the kind words about George. Yes carnival history was his passion, he died knowing more about rides, and fairs and history of the carnival than many will ever know. He loved the club and he loved the business. He deeply cared about the museum.
Every time I see the new building erected across the street I think of him and his love for the history of the carnival, the rides, and the many shows.
Also thanks for remembering me working in the grab. Please introduce yourself to me again at the trade show 2005. I plan to be at the usual place. I am also a museum supporter.
Yes I have retired this year off the road but my son is still taking our games out with Myers amusements. He goes with Glorias unit.
I plan to drive and visit him this summer from time to time.
Staying in off the road this year may be my toughest thing I have ever had to do. I already have the itchy feet and the the smell of hitting the road is in the air.
Thanks so much for your reply, I enjoyed hearing from you very much.
[:I]
sweet baby
pinkfluff:
I must confess, I knew who you were after reading your earlier post, "Staying in off the road" when you mentioned that you booked games with Tip Top in Wisconsin and you mentioned that your husband passed away two-and-a-half years ago.- It doesn't seem possible that it has already been two-and-a-half years since George passed away.

I got to know George and spend time with him during the week of the trade show for several years. I also got the opportunity to know his sister Connie. She was such a nice lady (may God rest both their souls).

pinkfluff, I met you a few times briefly during the trade shows, mostly while walking around the show with George, and he would stop by the grab from time to time to talk to you.

George used to tell me that you booked games with TipTop. Also, I remember that each year you would buy a lot of stock during the trade show. A couple of years on the last day of the trade show, I helped George load your van up with all that plush.

I will never forget George's passion for ride history and the history of the industry in general, as well as all the tireless work he put into the museum. The new building was his dream. He often spoke of how there was so much more in the museum's archives that wasn't displayed, and that he was looking forward to the new building so that everything could be properly displayed. I know when the new building is completed, I will feel George's presence there, just as I do now when I visit the present museum building.

pinkfluff, you are right, the cheeseburgers at the grab joint are the best. I have a couple every year myself. It seems that when I get to the end of the big building and I smell the aroma wafting thru the air, I can't resist. I'm sure anyone who eats at the grab joint at the trade show knows who you are, as you are such a familiar face at the grab. Incidentally, you as well as the rest of the crew at the grab do a great job of feeding the hungry masses.

It is great to have a MCW correspondent right in Gibtown. Please keep us posted on all the happenings and news from showtown.

Take care.
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Hoffa-You better register with the fake ID. I think he is the key holder to the midway.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson