Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

S.S.,,, do you not want to talk to me man... it wont ever let me in man.

Actually, if it's not letting someone in, there might be a problem elsewhere. I have no control over the chat room access. The chatroom is served by the DALnet IRC network (www.dalnet.com) -- the program I recommend is mIRC, which is the chat client of choice for most Windows Machines. You might need to round up a friend to make sure you can get connected to the chat. If your computer uses high-speed internet, there could be an issue with your router or firewall configuration. IRC uses ports 6666 through 7000 (TCP) and port 113 for iDENT purposes. Most firewalls have these ports closed by default, and they may need to be opened. Because I am not sure of your hardware where you are at, I can't offer much more information than this.

I do welcome anyone into the chatroom at anytime (even if I'm not there), as long as the conversation stays PG-13, and there is no bashing. Bashers will be kicked upon warning and repeated offences will get you 'k-lined' from the irc server (banned from DALNet).

Because you haven't been able to connect, I can assure you that you are not being 'kicked' from the servers for any reason (let alone by me). I would probably enjoy a conversation with you sometime man -- you and I have alot in common, even if we have 'slightly different personalities'.
S.S.,,, do you not want to talk to me man... it wont ever let me in man.
I finally got in !!!!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
V -

Go to this topic: http://www.rideguy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4829 
let the screen shots load, and print it out.... then follow step by step, and you should be set.... just be patient....[:D]

PM me, iridescent.girl, saraAB or jerryd if you really get stuck, and we'll see what we can do to help you out.....

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

I seem to be the only one in ,i have very little exp. in this chat room stuff so i apoligize , i'm starting to get ****ed so i'm gonna take a break ! I simply do not know what in the heck i'm doing , i've downloaded the mIRC , i get in , put in "#rideguy.com" , and it says i'm connected however i don't see anyone else in there .

Dont feel bad, Im also having trouble...

~V~

*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

I am using ircle-mac. I have the dal.net and port set but don't know where do drop #rideguy except the inputline.
At the moment it is pinging the dal.net

If you do not get a channel window in ircle, you want to send this command to the input line: /join #rideguy.com

That will connect you to our channel (or it should, atleast)!
I am using ircle-mac. I have the dal.net and port set but don't know where do drop #rideguy except the inputline.
At the moment it is pinging the dal.net
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

I seem to be the only one in ,i have very little exp. in this chat room stuff so i apoligize , i'm starting to get ****ed so i'm gonna take a break ! I simply do not know what in the heck i'm doing , i've downloaded the mIRC , i get in , put in "#rideguy.com" , and it says i'm connected however i don't see anyone else in there .

Lemme try to work up a couple screen shots for everyone... This will help out ALOT...
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
#rideguy.com is the channel, bigeli...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy