Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Gee.... I wonder which show. LOL

Actually, two different shows. [;)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Gee.... I wonder which show. LOL
Okay, two incidents I saw in 2003 that shocked me.

First, at a one spot, a really large man got on the Sizzler, with his wife, who was quite a bit smaller, and attempted to pull the lap bar closed. No such luck (I am sure you larger folk who have ridden the Sizzler know how tight that lap bar is, lol, I do). He could not lock it, and believe it or not the ride operator let the guy hold the lap bar without locking it and ran the ride! Unbelievable. Well, someone did go to the office and complain, and a little while later I noticed it was a different operator on the ride, the former op was nowhere to be found.

Second, a woman was running a Go Gator coaster at a county fair, and she was literally cramming kids into the seats. I mean, so tight they could not move. This was causing the train to be overweight, and it had much trouble getting around the track. A few parents started hollering at her to stop, and she proceeded to holler back that she knew what she was doing and for the parents to basically wrap up. Right away two guys headed over to the office trailer, and she started another run, and you guessed it, the train got stuck in the first dip after the station. She tried to get it going, and finally parents started yelling at her to stop and get the kids off, and some parents started hopping the fence and pulling their kids out. I was standing one ride over a few minutes later as she was being led away by one of the show owners. Again, amazing what things you can see on a midway sometimes. [xx(]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Johnny Paycheck is one of the Game owners on Wade's 1st unit. He sometimes handles customer concerns.
Wow.."Johnny Paycheck" has really fallen on hard times, eh? Gone from Taking This Job And Shove It on stage to working the Space Loop...dang. ( I AM JUST KIDDING JUSTIN! I KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS)
We had a lady this year in Westland MI that was VERY beligurant and nasty to Johnny Paycheck because she was too big to ride the Space Loop. As if it was our fault. LMFAO.
I think I've told this story on here before, but incase I havent or someone else hasn't heard it I'll tell it again. When I was a Teen and working in a local Amusement Park. The owner allowed Mentally handycap children and adults to come out and ride for free. One afternoon, we had a group of adult women with dissabilities and they walked them around putting them on all the rides. When they got to my ride ( SKY FIGHTER) this one woman didnt want to ride but they forced her to ride. I did my best to talk them out of it, ( she was clearly scared) but they strongarmed her into riding it, spoke harsh and firm with her and put her in. As the ride went around, she tollerated it, but when the arms went to lift, she freaked out, stood up, I shut the ride down but as it was coming to a stop, she jumped out into the middle of the ride( Left hand side)she was struck in the back by at least one of the sweeps, foced face down and then was hit over and over by the sweeps or tubs ( I can't remember which) as it coasted to a stop. Screaming and yelling the whole time. I"m sure it hurt and wasn't a pleasant expericance for her, but the really sad part is she knew she didnt want to ride to began with, and they forced her, and that just made it all the worse for her as things got bad. That one incident changed my personal policy regarding ANYONE who doesnt want to ride regardless of age.

She wasn't hurt too bad, mainly bumps and I"m sure bruses, they took her over sat her down on a bench and calmed her down.
There was a show that had a special needs kid get stuck in a Skyfighter and had to have the front of the tub cut off. I believe it was Nonweiler in Pennsylvania.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

I suspect she was obese.

You don't have to be obese to get stuck in one of those things. You only have to have long legs. Because it's a bumpy ride, it's possible for someone to get 'jammed' into the tub if they were too big to begin with, just by the jostling of the cars (the front car especially because it has extra leg-room). A tall child can have problems in one of those cars. I've never liked the concept of parents riding kiddie rides. If your kid is going to freak out, don't torture them and don't put them on the ride. If you're unsure, don't take the chance. I have yet to meet a good ride operator that wasn't more than willing to stop the ride and let a screaming kid off (especially one that is in tears). There is no need for parents to ride kiddie rides, and this is proof.
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 03/10/2004 : 9:02:07 PM by Pinetar

I suspect she was obese.

Let's not sugar coat it, 'Tar. She probably was FAT. End of story.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy