Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

As far as I was told the Star Trooper was an independent piece booked with the show most of the season including a year or two in Troy with Arnold. Truly the nicest one I ever seen. What a sound system on it the year I saw it too.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that about the Star Trooper, and I do recall a red tractor that said "Marc's Amusements" nearby it at virtually every spot. I should also mention that T-N-T's Sizzler was brand new in 1997, Elliott Amusement Company had an older model that ran through 1996. The Eli Wheel and Wisdom Tornado were brand new in 1997 as well. The used Herschell M-G-R was new to Elliott in 1996 and T-N-T put a brighter canvas top on it and, I was told, repainted everything in 1997 to make it look new. Elliott had an Eli Double Eagle 16 Wheel, or so I was told it was called, that had every other seat facing the opposite direction. Looked very unique. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
As far as I was told the Star Trooper was an independent piece booked with the show most of the season including a year or two in Troy with Arnold. Truly the nicest one I ever seen. What a sound system on it the year I saw it too.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

The old TNT lineup from what I remember...

Tilt A Whirl (which is with Elliotts now again)
Sizzler (Old model)
Eli 16
Star Trooper (booked in a lot from MARC)
Nut Town Funhouse

Bunch of kiddies...

I remember Tim Slattering being the ride supervisor for them that year. He is was a state inspector. Saw him this year back out inspecting for Michigan. He inspected my Wipeout[:)]

T-N-T Midways, which was foremerely Elliott Amusement Company, line-up from 1997-1998:

Eli Eagle 16 Wheel (pink trailer)
Dartron Star Trooper
Wisdom Tornado
Wisdom Sizzler
Tilt-A-Whirl
Otterbacher Bumper Cars
Nut Town Fun House (only through 1997)
Allan Herschell Merry-Go-Round
Hampton Motorcycles
Hampton Boats
Hampton Dune Buggies
Allan Herschell Helicopters
Wisdom Go Gator coaster
Wapello Bounce

And Ray Kadluboski was booking an Owens' Mardi Gras, Sellner Bear Affair, and Childress Super Slide.

Now T-N-T basically operates as Arnold Amusements' second unit. They have since sold the Tilt-A-Whirl, Otterbacher Bumper Cars, 3 Hamptons, Helicopters, Star Trooper, and Nut Town Fun House. Elliotts Amusements LLC, owned by Tracy and Debbie Elliott, owns the Tilt, Bumper Cars, and 3 Hamptons. The rest now travel with Arnold. Ray Kadluboski booked for a few seasons with Playworld Amusements, except the Super Slide, and in 2003 booked all but the Super Slide with Jules and Beck Combined Shows. The Super Slide was booked with Family Funtyme Amusements. [:)]

As for Arnold's equipment, that Zipper is gorgeous, and looked so in Troy, Michigan last September. The only rides there that needed some attention IMHO were the 1001 Nights and Music Fest, both of which were to be done over the winter, the Music Fest especially, according to Ivan Arnold. The show has always looked sharp whenever I have seen them, for years they have. Been in business since 1981.

Arnold/T-N-T line-up as of 2003:

Eagle 16 Wheel (blue)
Eagle 16 Wheel (pink)
Chance Music Fest
Millenium Zipper
A.R.M. 1001 Nights
Wisdom Tornado
Wisdom Sizzler
Mulligan Super Swings (themed "Twister")
Orbiter
Eyerly Spider
Tilt-A-Whirl
Eyerly Rock-O-Plane
g/m Scrambler (was told they still have it, but rarely, if ever, use it)
Hrubetz Paratrooper (unique--has Dartron Star Trooper bonnets, looks gorgeous)
Majestic Euro Scooter
Funni-Frite Surf Shack fun house (rethemed Alpine)
Wisdom Raiders
Wapello Bounce
Childress Super Slide
Allan Herschell M-G-R
Chance M-G-R
Hampton Dune Buggies
Hampton Motorcycles
Hampton Jet Skis
Hampton Combo
SBF Santa Fe Train
Titanic Slide
Sellner Bear Affair
Sellner Dizzy Dragons
Zamperla Speedway
Sellner Jumpin' Jumbos
Wisdom Go Gator coaster #1
Wisdom Go Gator coaster #2
Zamperla Crazy Bus (new to the show in 2004)

[:)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
I got to meet Tim Bors at the OABA in 97...he was a really nice guy to me...we talked for hours...
The old TNT lineup from what I remember...

Tilt A Whirl (which is with Elliotts now again)
Sizzler (Old model)
Eli 16
Star Trooper (booked in a lot from MARC)
Nut Town Funhouse

Bunch of kiddies...

I remember Tim Slattering being the ride supervisor for them that year. He is was a state inspector. Saw him this year back out inspecting for Michigan. He inspected my Wipeout[:)]
CLAY - TNT and Arnold are the same company now for the most part. Tom Arnold and Tim Bors purchased the old Elliott Amusement Company from Red Wood back in the 90's and started TNT Midways. Tim later lost his life in a tragic car accident.[V]
But, now they run as one as far as I know.

TNT has a pink Eli 16
Aronld has a blue Eli 16
Clay must have been looking with a magnafying glass at that Zipper. That thing was GORGEOUS in Troy this last season.

However, the 1001 does need some TLC I would agree. That was one of the first ones from what Tom and Ivan told Chris and I.
lol, yea after 4 days of going to downtown tampa we finally saw arnold setting up on friday night, then we went back saturday night and watched them tear down a bit.......

then got introuble a bit with some Public Safety Officer....damn carnies in mini-vans [;)]

Arnolds 1001 nights is the one that collapsed while they were taking it down.It slammed downto the trailer from about 30 feet up.Shot off the blocks and bent the trailer all to heck.
I dunno, the show looked great to me .. and im pretty picky- lol. You gotta remember that these rides go up and down all the time, so a little rust here and there is sort of normal- kinda part of this business. As far as I know, that Zipper is only 2-3 years old.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com