Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I am dick Carl's grandson and a lot of the complaining and *ing and moaning coming from some of the people on this forum makes me kind of laugh because my grandfather was a mean but fair person who always paid very fairly if his rides didn't look the greatest it's because paint doesn't like to hold up in hurricanes with salt water but all of his rides were in good condition
I am dick Carl's grandson and a lot of the complaining and *ing and moaning coming from some of the people on this forum makes me kind of laugh because my grandfather was a mean but fair person who always paid very fairly if his rides didn't look the greatest it's because paint doesn't like to hold up in hurricanes with salt water but all of his rides were in good condition
Working with Dick and his family at one of our events and hearing his perspective in things certainly changed my views on the show from 17 years ago when this topic was originally discussed.

Knowing my own knowledge of the biz versus 20-something year old me is also a real eye opener.

Listening to Dick tell the whole story is truly worth the listen.
Well, I'm another one of those who worked on Pughs for a VERY short while ..... not a fan at all I'm afraid. Don't really care if Pugh comes back or not I know I sure won't be working there.

Crown now..... I loved that show. Sweet route , always made money there. MIchigan or the southern route didn't matter. A real fan of them tbh. Was very sad when they closed up for good.

An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
He wasn't I grew up on that show.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Hmmm... my show works 11 months a year and didn't look THAT bad EVER. Interesting observation though.[;)]

Of course maybe the guy would rather put the money in his pocket. After a while you don't really need to impress anybody anymore and just save for retirement.

That sounds about right my friend![;)]
How ever, that show (Crown NOT Pugh) looked terrible when I was 8. I was 22 when they went bye bye. That's a LONG retirement fund I'd say. There Alpine Bobs was beautiful. It's the same age as the one I had on Wade. I kinda got concerned when their foreman told me they were moving it in 3 hours with 4 guys. SCARY!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Hmmm... my show works 11 months a year and didn't look THAT bad EVER. Interesting observation though.[;)]

Of course maybe the guy would rather put the money in his pocket. After a while you don't really need to impress anybody anymore and just save for retirement.

That sounds about right my friend![;)]
Quote:

quote: