Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
https://www.trains.com/t...ill-hopes-to-roll-again/ 

Yeah, good article, and I get the cost around truck vs train, but just hate to see an end to an era, I hope it gets worked out and railroads understand that this is the last train moving this kind of thing, to take into fact that Strates only moves it a few times during the season, seems like the railroad could work something out.
if that train is not out by now it would be a pretty good bet that it wont be out again this year. The longer it remains sitting, the lower the chances of it ever coming back out most likely.
We'd always lose a couple when the train slowed through town. A lot easier to get off than back on.
Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

End of an era...

I was riding the train (I think) upcountry in '78. I had hired on in WQ and it was the first time I had ridden it. The train at some point derailed, and I ran and woke up my foreman Bobby Watson. I told him: "Bobby, the train derailed!" Bobby sits up, rubs his eyes and askes: "Are we close to a store?"

LOL, yeah always had to go to the store
End of an era...

I was riding the train (I think) upcountry in '78. I had hired on in WQ and it was the first time I had ridden it. The train at some point derailed, and I ran and woke up my foreman Bobby Watson. I told him: "Bobby, the train derailed!" Bobby sits up, rubs his eyes and askes: "Are we close to a store?"

Ride the Zipper?
Have we seen the last of the train? I haven't seen anything about it on their FB page, but kinda not surprised either with all the CSX derailments and problems they are having I am not sure I would want millions of dollars worth of equipment riding the rails right now either.