Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

Yeah loved that and the Swiss Bobs, rode that at the Carolina Coastal fair, the Wave Swinger they bought from Nova I worked on a few times with Nova, not sure if AofA is still moving it.

Did Nova not have a Swiss Bobs? I think they booked it on Strates for a while in the '80s. If that's the one, a guy named Emil was moving it.

Loved the noise it made when set up tight.
Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

That "diskotek" was badass

Yeah loved that and the Swiss Bobs, rode that at the Carolina Coastal fair, the Wave Swinger they bought from Nova I worked on a few times with Nova, not sure if AofA is still moving it.
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

They did work hard and moved some big iron back then, I do miss those days. They had a pretty good looking Hot Pot (tip top), Rok N Roll, Spider, and some unique majors

That "diskotek" was badass
Ride the Zipper?

Stuff looked a little rough sometimes, but yeah they had multiple units jumping every week.

Hardest working show I ever saw. I had a good friend (Jack "Bones" Bitzer) that moved Big A's Swiss Bobs back in the '89s. He came over and worked with me on Strates' Flying Bobs for a while and said it was like being on vacation.

They did work hard and moved some big iron back then, I do miss those days. They had a pretty good looking Hot Pot (tip top), Rok N Roll, Spider, and some unique majors
Originally Posted by: swooper 

Yes they did,It moved every week
They were some great crews!
Especially in the 70’s and 80’s

Stuff looked a little rough sometimes, but yeah they had multiple units jumping every week.

Hardest working show I ever saw. I had a good friend (Jack "Bones" Bitzer) that moved Big A's Swiss Bobs back in the '89s. He came over and worked with me on Strates' Flying Bobs for a while and said it was like being on vacation.

Ride the Zipper?

Big A used to move the heck out of that Swiss Bob....

I always wanted to redo/update one. The noise the train makes going around the track combined with that fog-horn it was a magnet. Too bad the capacity is not better, but with a new drive might be able to drop 'em a little quicker.

Yes they did,It moved every week
They were some great crews!
Especially in the 70’s and 80’s

Big A used to move the heck out of that Swiss Bob....

I always wanted to redo/update one. The noise the train makes going around the track combined with that fog-horn it was a magnet. Too bad the capacity is not better, but with a new drive might be able to drop 'em a little quicker.
Ride the Zipper?
I just read knoebles is restoring a Swiss bob
It said they have two old ones to work with
One was amusements of americas
They were making circus jumps most every week with all those units as well. Those guys worked.

The ten years I was with Strates ('78-'88) it was all ten-day or longer spots.
Ride the Zipper?
I was around when they had 5 units. they had a lot of rides..some in very good shape...and maybe more than some not in great shape. I went down to Bloomsburg Pa in 2022 for a visit after not having been there for 40 years. I would give the same assessment as I did from way back when. They covered the lot with rides...with at least a couple not operating. This is a tough biz to keep up with when you lose a big spot or 2(or 3). the cost of maintenance has got to be through the roof these days. an earlier post referring to them as an old school operation was spot on IMO.