Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

Omg lol..... where to start? How about the spot in North Dakota that was raining when we got there. Rained during set up. Rained everyday we were open. Rained for tear down. Had to have bulldozers(!) come in to pull the trailer joints and rides off the lot? Or.... the parking lot in Michigan , late April, when we had an ice storm and the whole midway was an inch plus in ice? The Atlanta spot where it snowed 4 plus inches? Only time I've ever seen fire barrels on a midway. lol. That spot in Florida in late December where the only people who showed up on the midway were the Church people bringing out sack lunches for the show because we were all starving? Homestead Florida .... whenever it was .... where the crack dealers stood next to the office door to get the draw money from the jocks for the crack they had fronted them the night before? The spot, in Florida again, that had the neighborhood kids throwing chunks of concrete over the fence at us because the gate charged 50 cents to get in? A spot in very very rural Indiana where we sat for 2 weeks once because the ground was flat enough to set up and we had nowhere else to go? I think I made 20 bucks that "spot".

All these were still dates and all were unsponsored. I could go on...............................................................

Oh man you brought back some more memories, we were set up at first spot when the storm of the century hit in spring 93, tore down in freezing cold rain then 5-6 inches of snow on ground next day, but at least we got the stuff on the trailers.

We had our share of mud and using heavy duty equipment to pull us off the lot, hated that nasty mud. We were leaving Georgia Mountain fair one year, it was just the Scrambler, Sky Wheel, and Round Up on Saturday night as the show opened again next day but we had a long jump. Anyway, rained all week, and this fellow was pulling round up off the lot and boss told him, don't stop, keep going and what does he do, yep you guessed it we were digging that load out for about 3 hours on a long jump, didn't get to the next spot until about 4pm next day and got right busy setting back up.
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

"...just a ride jock..."?

Well, ok but I owned a Funnel Cake as well for a while AND I still helped move the Scrambler and other rides. So just detailing there a bit. LOL
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

I remember one I played while just a ride jock...

"...just a ride jock..."?

Ride the Zipper?
Omg lol..... where to start? How about the spot in North Dakota that was raining when we got there. Rained during set up. Rained everyday we were open. Rained for tear down. Had to have bulldozers(!) come in to pull the trailer joints and rides off the lot? Or.... the parking lot in Michigan , late April, when we had an ice storm and the whole midway was an inch plus in ice? The Atlanta spot where it snowed 4 plus inches? Only time I've ever seen fire barrels on a midway. lol. That spot in Florida in late December where the only people who showed up on the midway were the Church people bringing out sack lunches for the show because we were all starving? Homestead Florida .... whenever it was .... where the crack dealers stood next to the office door to get the draw money from the jocks for the crack they had fronted them the night before? The spot, in Florida again, that had the neighborhood kids throwing chunks of concrete over the fence at us because the gate charged 50 cents to get in? A spot in very very rural Indiana where we sat for 2 weeks once because the ground was flat enough to set up and we had nowhere else to go? I think I made 20 bucks that "spot".

All these were still dates and all were unsponsored. I could go on...............................................................
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Lets discuss horrible spots, to keep names out of it lets just say "organized" spot or still date to keep everyone happy.

I remember one I played while just a ride jock, still date but a complete blank, and a bad spot for fights and everything going wrong that could. You never seen a bunch of carnies happier for the end of the week and doing a quick tear down and getting out of there.

What have ya?