Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
i worked for little richard back in the 70s with lucky on the carosel and various other rides fora couple of years he also had a beauti ful wife named Linda that worked in the office their winter coarters was in Brooksville FLA had alot of good times
There were two Little Richard's food joints booked on with Strates at Hamburg, NY back in August. They might be run by some of his family, not sure.
I've heard they play spots in Pennsylvania and down south with a variety of shows.
several years back there was a large food joint at the meadowlands

said Little Richards on the entrance

But i dont know if its the same Little Richard
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

By the way; is Little Richard still living?

Last time I saw him was at the SC state fair about 15 years ago, we talked for a bit, but haven't heard anything about him since then.
By the way; is Little Richard still living?
I remember World of Mirth playing numerous spots around Northern Virginia many years ago. Fredericksburg Fair and Prince William County Fair. This was back in the early to mid 80's.
I know they tried to play our local fire department carnival; but we had Snyder's at the time and were very happy with them.
I can't help you though on the rides.
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Bill, you certainly are a wealth of information, how do you remember all that? I can't remember a lot of the spots I played....

Yes, I agree, love all the information, thanks so much.

Trying to remember if it was their show at the Greenville County Fair when I went one time. I do remember a Sky Wheel, Swinger, Paratrooper and a Sizzler, but they had two 12 seat wheels up front as well. I do remember a back-end piece that had some type of pharoh or pyramid type of theming if anyone remembers that. It may have been booked in or something though, I know its a long shot, my first thought was that it was Reithoffer, but could have been Magic Midway as well.
Bill, you certainly are a wealth of information, how do you remember all that? I can't remember a lot of the spots I played....
Ride the Zipper?
Saw World of Mirth again in 1978 at a Bradford, Pa mall. 7/26-8/5 1978
rides:
flying bobs
Rock-o-plane
musical chairs
MGR
Tilt
scooter
sizzler
round up
cobra