Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

New updates look great and so far working great here. I did have to reset up my account cause my old email was not working anymore, but that was my fault for not changing it sooner.

Good job though MCW!

All you have to do is email us from a valid email to registrations@mwdnoc.net with the details of your old account, and we can assign a proper email address to it -- then you don't have to start over.

Once we reset the email address, you can request the password reset for the old account.

I've got three other members that if they would just email us to that email address - I could fix their accounts and they could login -- It doesn't matter how many times they hit "Lost Password" if the email account is no good it's going to keep bouncing the emails back to us. We don't have the ability to forcefully set a password - it has to be done via the email system for security purposes.

New updates look great and so far working great here. I did have to reset up my account cause my old email was not working anymore, but that was my fault for not changing it sooner.

Good job though MCW!
There is a running thread here -- any users who request an password reset, and your email address is no good - we get the bounces from our mail server - I have a running list here with info so we can get your accounts fixed.

https://carnivalwarehous...ems-to-be-a-pattern-here 
The main points I see that are a benefit is it seems to run a helluva-lot faster than it did (other than a few slow spots) -- the type styles are all generally larger and easier to read - and it's mobile friendly out of the box.

There will be another update coming in the next few months - we have a good relationship with the developers who manage the forum code - and they've got some improvements in the interface coming soon beyond what's already been done.

There are also a couple other bug fixes included coming soon that fix the last "lost password" bug if you hit the back button.

Looks to be working fine! Another successful Squirrel upgrade.

Yes, I'm still around here too... lol...
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
We believe that email sending issues have been resolved - at least so that the forum is able to send the reset emails and notifications successfully again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I am currently dealing with issues sending email into Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.com - and any other domain serviced by Microsoft.

Please be patient - a resolution is coming.

We have upgraded the forum software to the latest version!

Hundreds of improvements - but the main one is readability and usability on mobile devices.

The ONE DOWNSIDE is that ALL USER PASSWORDS have been stored in the same format that was used 20 years ago when we hosted using Snitz Forums 2000 for our forum software. Changing of the times, and improvements in security demand that we upgrade to a more secure format. It's for the better anyways. While MCW has never been the victim of a breach, we don't need to tempt fate and make it easy if someone did get in where they didn't belong...

ALL USERS WILL HAVE TO ATTEMPT TO LOGIN, THEN CLICK THE FORGOT PASSWORD LINK IN THE FORM.

The forums will email a reset link to your registered email account. IF you don't get the email, be SURE TO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. We make every effort to make sure our emails don't land in spam folders, but it still can happen. If you don't think your registered email is up to date send us a message via registrations@mwdnoc.net  - this is a servicing email account that is setup JUST for solving forum login issues on a speedier basis.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but in the end, the better security wins!