Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

I think the woman that was in love with the ride is getting a divorce because the ride is being pulled out of that park.

LOL, yeah well nothing lasts forever these days, although I am sad to hear the ride is being removed, but guess it was time. I wonder if those Weber models have the same issue with the hub/tub as the Huss Rainbow.
I think the woman that was in love with the ride is getting a divorce because the ride is being pulled out of that park.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

American Amusement Rentals, Machias, NY [south of Buffalo] has a Whirly Bird

IMG_6368cropsmall.jpg (947kb) downloaded 91 time(s).

Nice, I wasn't able to pull your link, but went to their website and saw it, looks like they have a nice bumper car as well that looks like an old Lampkin model or something.
American Amusement Rentals, Machias, NY [south of Buffalo] has a Whirly Bird

IMG_6368cropsmall.jpg (947kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
So slow this fall, maybe we can have some fun with this, here are some unique and usual rides I remember, maybe you all saw one of them at some time:

1. Whirly Bird: Forerunner to Sizzler, scrambler type ride that was trailer mounted, Childress had one in early 70s and of course other shows had some.

2. Baby Beast: Schiff kiddie roller coaster on Deggeller attractions in early to mid 80s.

3. Leap O Land: Forerunner to the bungy jumping sets ups of today, trailer mounted arms with counter weight, riders would attach themselves and jump up and it would take them up, I didn't see one in person, but saw picture and asked about it. Looks like pretty much based on your ability to see how you could get. Maybe someone has more details on this one.

4. Clown A Round: Built by wisdom, basically a whip ride with clowns as most tubs, think the first one was an alligator though, small trailer, could be pulled by straight truck.

5. U.F.O.: unique ride that was sorta like an enterprise, had a wheel with tubs that went around and around and then that wheel followed a half circle back and forth across between two platforms, giving the riders an upside experience from level position. I have seen pictures and even video somewhere, but actually saw one (or the only one) sitting in an amusement park in GA years ago. The park was closed and sign was sitting on ground next to ride, I figure it may be history now, but really looked interesting.

** and here is one for the record books (this is more of an usual story), A woman here in the USA is stated to have an unusual condition that causes her to fall in love with objects. So she fell in love with a Weber 1001 Nights in a park here in the USA (I will not say where, but you all can most likely figure it out). She said she loved that ride like a woman loves a husband (?) and she married it...….yes I said married it and took the last name "Weber"......true story folks. So that was in 2008...….I wonder if they are still married or divorced already?