Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
At least the story posted this morning about the show out in Oklahoma is a positive note.
Read about that incident with her husband's boat, well that is how most dictator's act. Feel for you guys and the show, with her in office it may be a rough year.
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Supreme Chancellor Whitler is what many call her. She is nuts. Opens up only one part of the state... Find out that the part she opened is where her vacation home is located and then her husband is busted trying to get their boat put in the water by the marina... during a stay at home order, mind you. Her answer... my husband was only joking.

I agree 100% - Whitless is also known as "she who must be obeyed" I would hate to think of a show traveling a long distance to come here and then have her lock down again at the last moment. The Michigan State Fair is still listed as being on - Arnolds are in Florida - I'm thinking most other spots they have here not happening - it really puts them between a rock and a hard place as the old saying goes.
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Supreme Chancellor or Darth Sidous?

Supreme Chancellor Whitler is what many call her. She is nuts. Opens up only one part of the state... Find out that the part she opened is where her vacation home is located and then her husband is busted trying to get their boat put in the water by the marina... during a stay at home order, mind you. Her answer... my husband was only joking.

Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

It all depends on Supreme Chancellor Whitmer. If she continues to extend the stay at home orders two weeks at a time throughout the summer... it won't matter. She seems to be hellbent on keeping the state closed at all costs. Time will tell.

Supreme Chancellor or Darth Sidous?
Originally Posted by: william davis 

Here in Michigan I read in the last few days that the Fair Boards of both the Fowlerville Fair (Skerbeck shows spot)and the Oakland County Fair (Big Rock) are still planning to go ahead with these fairs. These are both large (for Michigan) County Fairs here. Not sure about the Michigan State Fair (Arnolds) as the location last I saw had been turned into an overflow hospital for COVID cases. I do know the Traverse City Cherry festival (Arnolds) has been cancelled.

It all depends on Supreme Chancellor Whitmer. If she continues to extend the stay at home orders two weeks at a time throughout the summer... it won't matter. She seems to be hellbent on keeping the state closed at all costs. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by: rodler 

If a carnival is not able to play the fair is it possible they could work with a regional show to fill in for them?

Well guess anything is possible this year.
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Well I will say this, if any fair around do happen this year, I will not be "hard" on the show owner if the midway is light. Perfectly understandable this year, although will not be as fun, just the way it is.

If any fairs do open and shows come in, will they be able to fill the rides they bring, in other words will enough folks come to the fair to ride, maybe so, maybe not.

Of course the show wants to make money, but to pull all of that stuff out, transport it, set it up and then have only hundreds show up to the fair instead of thousands.....its got to be on their mind.

Someone said it earlier, not matter what if there is any kind of fair season it will be light.

If a carnival is not able to play the fair is it possible they could work with a regional show to fill in for them?
RodB
Here in Michigan I read in the last few days that the Fair Boards of both the Fowlerville Fair (Skerbeck shows spot)and the Oakland County Fair (Big Rock) are still planning to go ahead with these fairs. These are both large (for Michigan) County Fairs here. Not sure about the Michigan State Fair (Arnolds) as the location last I saw had been turned into an overflow hospital for COVID cases. I do know the Traverse City Cherry festival (Arnolds) has been cancelled.
Well I will say this, if any fair around do happen this year, I will not be "hard" on the show owner if the midway is light. Perfectly understandable this year, although will not be as fun, just the way it is.

If any fairs do open and shows come in, will they be able to fill the rides they bring, in other words will enough folks come to the fair to ride, maybe so, maybe not.

Of course the show wants to make money, but to pull all of that stuff out, transport it, set it up and then have only hundreds show up to the fair instead of thousands.....its got to be on their mind.

Someone said it earlier, not matter what if there is any kind of fair season it will be light.