Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)

They are trying to open things back up in Missouri but one of the hot spots in the state is only 30 miles away from Sedalia in Saline County. They have recently had two deaths and one in Pettis county where the state fair is located. Still folks are starting to get back out like they are immune to this. The Missouri Association of Fairs and Festivals web site is listing some county fairs that have already cancelled.
RodB
once with Nova we had a very tight lot, think grocery store parking lot cut in half, but we managed to squeeze in a Wave Swinger, Scrambler, Paratrooper, and the F&B bumper cars, along with about 4 kiddies rides and a few concessions.
When I was with Atlas, we'd go set up at whatever address we got. Got shut down a few times before we got open and a few times after. Once we got to an address and it was the site of a demolished building with the concrete foundation and piles of rubble still there. I think was in Santa Ana and we couldn't fit everything in but we had a decent kiddie land and a few majors.
Ride the Zipper?
Wonder if anyone has heard about any shows thinking about getting back on the road soon. I know our state is opening up pretty good now, beaches are back open and even close contact business.

Wonder if any shows have thought about filling in some losses with still dates in states that are opening back up, or would it be worth it? Course if they only wanted to bring out a small amount of rides at first with the help they might have on hand might could generate some cash flow with still dates.

Course, I don't know all the rules, specially the permitting process and such. Ah, miss the old days when sometimes you could just rent a field or lot and set up and open up.

Noticing things around here, I believe they would get people out there, at least teenagers and maybe some kids. Folks here are ready to get back to normal.