Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Drew owns the AH built one.

The original Velare is own by Bradd Burton.
Originally Posted by: kris0106 

I though it only space wheel around/ build

It is, that was the only double sky wheel built, all the rest are single units (sometimes put side by side years ago).

Now, there are two Seattle Wheels with slightly different designs, one the road with Drew, the other owned by someone up north (can't remember who).
I though it only space wheel around/ build
Megerle
Belle City
Big Rock
Modern Midways
Miller Spectacular
Drew (Valare Space Wheels)

Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

That was always my favorite ride tbh. When Murphy Bro's had theirs I was friends with the jock who was 1st man. Can't remember his name...... him and his wife and me and my wife were the only 2 married couples on the show as far as us peons went. Still date in Saint Louis one spring the show was busted for no permits..... I was up top taking a break smoking a joint. Watched the whole thing go down from up there.

Last one I saw on the road was on Stine amusements and that was many years ago. Doesn't Belle City still travel with one? I'm sure I saw one there at the Strawberry festival the last time I was there. That HAS been a few years now but....... it was beautiful to see. All the lights were working and kept a tip as far as I could see. Can also remember seeing two side by side at Tampa one year.... it was glorious.

Yep, Belle City has one, as well as:

Modern Midways
Big Rock Amusements
Drew Expo (has the original Space Wheels)

and a few others
That was always my favorite ride tbh. When Murphy Bro's had theirs I was friends with the jock who was 1st man. Can't remember his name...... him and his wife and me and my wife were the only 2 married couples on the show as far as us peons went. Still date in Saint Louis one spring the show was busted for no permits..... I was up top taking a break smoking a joint. Watched the whole thing go down from up there.

Last one I saw on the road was on Stine amusements and that was many years ago. Doesn't Belle City still travel with one? I'm sure I saw one there at the Strawberry festival the last time I was there. That HAS been a few years now but....... it was beautiful to see. All the lights were working and kept a tip as far as I could see. Can also remember seeing two side by side at Tampa one year.... it was glorious.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Everything is easy to move if you've got a crew...

and good green help, not drunks or lazy guys who just want to take breaks.

I always treated the green help with respect but I wanted to get done (and safely) and get on the road. We had a few over the years where all they wanted to do was complain or goof off, course guess everybody has at some time or another. We had a few good spots where the same green help would come back each year and that made things a whole lot better.
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Ours ran full loads in West Palm. Very light in Tampa conversely.

Does better up North as a general rule though.

There really is nothing hard about moving it per se. Just tedious and time consuming. Wind can shut it down easily. Our crew moves it very efficiently. Can usually be up in 5 hours and down in 3-4 hours with the 5 man crew we have.

Everything is easy to move if you've got a crew...

Ride the Zipper?
Ours ran full loads in West Palm. Very light in Tampa conversely.

Does better up North as a general rule though.

There really is nothing hard about moving it per se. Just tedious and time consuming. Wind can shut it down easily. Our crew moves it very efficiently. Can usually be up in 5 hours and down in 3-4 hours with the 5 man crew we have.
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I've certainly seen it run full, but it's two trailers and pretty hard to move for the money it can win. Cycle times are too long and you not only have to have a decent guy to move it, but you also have to have a decent guy(s) to operate and maintain it. Combine that with what keeping it going, lit and compliant must cost and it's just not worth it.

Great ride and looks good on the midway (if maintained)

Really, yeah never did see it full but I believe you, when Crown first came to the Upper SC State fair and we had long lines on a POP fair I thought for sure I would see it fully loaded, but nope, they still skipped tubs.

Well, if we can just keep at least a few on the road and I can see every now and then that would be enough, rather that that to not ever see one again.