Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Did they have a Watkins Swinger or a Mulligan Super Swings? I’ve heard they may have had both at different times. Thanks.
Rick Nolan passed away and Fred had mostly retired. Scott took part of the equipment and began his own unit - Nolan Amusements. Kevin took some equipment as well and started Dakota Shows. Kevin later passed away and Scott closed his unit down sometime in the early 2000's.
Nolan Shows. Played northern Ohio in the 70's. Spots like the Lake County Fair in Painsville and the 4th of July in Wickliffe (also in Lake County). I think they were out of Zanesville, Ohio. They had the usual punk rides, MGR, Big Ely wheel and Scrambler. Also had a Rock - O- Plane and a Zipper. And a Scooter. They had couple of other majors that I can't remember now (Round - Up?). Wonder what ever happened to them?
Originally Posted by: Randy D. 

Shows of the 70s and 80s that played Illinois.
Spaulding Shows: Saturn 6, Spider, Dodge em, Twister, Tip Top

Gold Crown Shows: Hurricane, Tilt a Whirl Deluxe, Tempest, Sizzler, Snow Ball.Express

Reid Spectacular: Skywheel, Skydiver, Hurricane, Paratrooper, Himalaya, Fireball (octopus), Huss Tristar

I loved running the Saturn, better have an umbrella....
Ride the Zipper?
Shows of the 70s and 80s that played Illinois.
Spaulding Shows: Saturn 6, Spider, Dodge em, Twister, Tip Top

Gold Crown Shows: Hurricane, Tilt a Whirl Deluxe, Tempest, Sizzler, Snow Ball.Express

Reid Spectacular: Skywheel, Skydiver, Hurricane, Paratrooper, Himalaya, Fireball (octopus), Huss Tristar
No. Geren was the old Doc Hardin show. Billy Clark had Smoky Mountain which was Stine Amusements before him and Childress Amusements before that.
I remember Glory Amusements that ran in the 80’s and 90’s. They had a spider, swinger, MGR, sizzler. All white trucks I blv. I’ve been trying to find some pics but have been unsuccessful.
I remember Glory Amusements that ran in the 80’s and 90’s. They had a spider, swinger, MGR, sizzler. All white trucks I blv. I’ve been trying to find some pics but have been unsuccessful.
I traveled every summer with my mom & stepdad. A few of the shows I remember are, Santa Maria’s famous Funway & The Badger State Show! Fun times and the shows were like my family.
Didn't Billy Clark take over Doc Hardin?
Ride the Zipper?