quote:

Originally posted by tamadachi76

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

IHC is selling Spider tubs for 29 cents per package of 8!
Order thru their web site at:

http://www.ihc-hobby.com/cgi-bin/bsc.cgi 

When I ordered some they sent me some packages of red and white tubs and others of yellow and purple. Not bad for less than 4 cents a tub!
Stock up before they're gone.

Well, I found the pink merry-go-round horses at 20 for $1.98, but could not find the Spider tubs. Would be cool if I still could, I would definitely like to have some extra, they could come in handy. [:)]

Just go to the "search" option and type in tubs, it will bring up the spider/octopus tubs and the "discontinued" boat tubs. [:D]

Thank you! I found them. Too bad the boat tubs are gone, I want to build a "wet boat" kiddie ride for one of my model shows, guess I will have to use the ones from one of the Hamptons I have yet to build, and come up with somthing to use on the Hampton. [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

When I ordered some they sent me some packages of red and white tubs and others of yellow and purple. Not bad for less than 4 cents a tub!

Well, I found the pink merry-go-round horses at 20 for $1.98, but could not find the Spider tubs. Would be cool if I still could, I would definitely like to have some extra, they could come in handy. [:)]

Just go to the "search" option and type in tubs, it will bring up the spider/octopus tubs and the "discontinued" boat tubs. [:D]
Have you paid your dues Jack? Yeah I paid my dues. The check is in the mail.
the good thing about making ride models out of Legos and Knex is when your tired of the ride you can make a spaceship or robot!
From what I see, making HO ride models rackable appears to be a very delicate task unless if your ride models are made from metal.
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 01/16/2004 : 3:28:47 PM by tiltawhirl

Generally in the scale that I work in(I have NO IDEA what that is, maybe someone can tell me?) my trouble is not with building them to rack, so much as getting wheels for Lego in the scale I work in.

Well, kinda depends on the actual size of the finished pieces. Compare the size of several key pieces on your models to the actual size on the real ride. Say diameter of the "wagon wheels" on the zipper, or the length of the boom, etc.

If I remember right, your models are pretty sizeable, so they're definitely not HO, but check the table from http://www.nmra.org/beginner/scale.html 

Essentially, Z is 1:220, N is 1:160, HO is 1:87, S is 1:64, O is 1:48. I'd bet you're modeling bigger than O scale. Hope this helps.

PS -- Regarding the wheels, you might want to look at some of the large oversized Technic wheels that were made a while back (check ebay). Not sure just how large of a diameter you're looking for, but they're probably in the 3-4" diameter range.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
I guess most of us carnival lovers really LOVE the way rides rack up. That's a good deal of the appeal to me. Generally in the scale that I work in(I have NO IDEA what that is, maybe someone can tell me?) my trouble is not with building them to rack, so much as getting wheels for Lego in the scale I work in. They simply don't make em big enough. I did get a recommendation to start using R.C. car wheels, as they are available in many sizes. That would be O.K. I guess. On my Enterprise I am going to go this route of having non- Lego wheels for the center trailer to see how it looks.
Either way, I DROOL over real racked ride photos(some of the folks here have some GREAT photo albums!) and love how the parts integrate to set-up and be functional.

tilt[:)]
The whole racking of the rode would be good because i can build it and when i move i can rackit and it wont be has hard to moce it.All i have to deal with is breakage.
Quote:

quote:

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
They got "pink" merry go round horses on the IHC site too. I only like racked ho rides when they're on or near a ho scale train, with tons of flatbed cars. I seem to remember an old issue of Carousel with a racked Himalaya and Yo Yo, back in the B&W days. I remember going to a train show recently where they were trying to put as many cars as possible on the engine, imagine if they were chok full o' racked rides! That'd be sweet! [:p][:D][8D]
Have you paid your dues Jack? Yeah I paid my dues. The check is in the mail.