Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I haven't seen them since I saw them at the Georgia/Carolina fair about 8 years ago, but from pictures and videos recently it looks like they are working hard to fix everything up. I noticed this year the FireBall (KMG) looks like it has a new paint job and theme as well.

But yes, back in the 80s you couldn't touch Strates Shows when it came to the way the show looked, the attention to detail and bulb count was perfect when I saw them. Only once did a see a few bulbs out on the Sky Wheel and that was like the last year they had it on the road.

And a good bit of big iron...

Ride the Zipper?
I haven't seen them since I saw them at the Georgia/Carolina fair about 8 years ago, but from pictures and videos recently it looks like they are working hard to fix everything up. I noticed this year the FireBall (KMG) looks like it has a new paint job and theme as well.

But yes, back in the 80s you couldn't touch Strates Shows when it came to the way the show looked, the attention to detail and bulb count was perfect when I saw them. Only once did a see a few bulbs out on the Sky Wheel and that was like the last year they had it on the road.
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

When I was with States in the '80s not many shows really came close.

Saw them last year and a couple of years ago and they looked rough.

Too many chiefs...

[agree]
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
When I was with States in the '80s not many shows really came close.

Saw them last year and a couple of years ago and they looked rough.

Too many chiefs...
Ride the Zipper?

Things get stale. it could be that after Wade came in the fair saw that their part needed upgrading. we were like that. after changing to Wade and the way Frank and company do things we had to upgrade our end by cleaning up some concessions and other areas. they made our stuff look bad as with the other show they sort of fit in. that show had the big equipment but did not keep it up to high standards. of course we bid it out also and what an improvement.
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah, its Wade, what gets me is that they decided to spend all of that big money on the fairgrounds after changing midway providers, why didn't they do that with Strates, seems like a raw deal to me.

I seriously doubt remodeling the fairgrounds had much to do with the midway provider other than a complete overhaul of the fair all together. I`m all for a fair bidding process and may the best provider win no matter what fair it is.
RodB
Yeah, its Wade, what gets me is that they decided to spend all of that big money on the fairgrounds after changing midway providers, why didn't they do that with Strates, seems like a raw deal to me.
https://www.google.com/m...8,-76.225454,1241m/data= !3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d9f1ab2c17751d:0xde3727e166e19586!8m2!3d43.0732169!4d-76.2247431
Ride the Zipper?
Nice Google Earth shot at (what I assume from the canvas colors) of Wade at the NYSF.

Zoom is pretty good and there are even a few street shots.

Ride the Zipper?