Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Don't think you'll ever see it again... Besides being WAY over weight it hs gotten old in need of TLC...
Too bad a VERY cool/unique ride. impressive to watch!

It was there in 2015 and didn't look too bad for its age. Just curious..
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I think that has been off the road for a while, same as the Mack Sea Storm music ride.....which I really wish they (or someone else) could restore and return to the road.

Maybe Drew's should consider it, seems right up their alley...do you think Reithoffer would sell even though they don't use it anymore?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.

if it was blue in color then it was the 4-abreast and if it was Red then it would have been the 3-abreast. They usually have both. One on main midway and in the kiddie area.

And as someone else already mentioned the Arctic Blast was the Raupen Bahn...

It was mostly red, the four-abreast may have been there, but I didn't see it.

Might stop and see the orange unit on the way to Columbia this weekend...
Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: olediggerguy 

yes..it was the original RAUPEN BAHN...before the artic blast....it was themed SUPER CAT....

A beautiful piece....but no longer operates as a caterpillar ride with a canvas cover coming over the tubs while ride was in motion... .....now that was something to see!!!!!

Yes remember the canopy cover coming over you as the ride was in motion. The first year they got the Raupen Bahn it played our fair and I must have rode it 50 times...
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Pretty sure what I saw was a three-abreast, but I could be wrong, or if they had two I might have missed it.

Do you know if the Arctic Blast used to be the Raupen Bahn?

if it was blue in color then it was the 4-abreast and if it was Red then it would have been the 3-abreast. They usually have both. One on main midway and in the kiddie area.

And as someone else already mentioned the Arctic Blast was the Raupen Bahn...

There have been talks of restoring the See Strum Bahn (Sea Storm) for several years, but unfortunately it may never happen, but fingers still crossed that perhaps some day....

One can hope, but most likely will not happen. That was my favorite music ride, very unique piece. Maybe a park could buy it and restore here on the east coast, would be a great beach park ride.
Originally Posted by: olediggerguy 

yes..it was the original RAUPEN BAHN...before the artic blast....it was themed SUPER CAT....

A beautiful piece....but no longer operates as a caterpillar ride with a canvas cover coming over the tubs while ride was in motion... .....now that was something to see!!!!!

Yeah, I saw it when it was new booking with Strates. It was a beautiful piece.

Still looks pretty good for 30+ years old....
Ride the Zipper?

Thanks for the list ...
They usually have 60 to 64 rides in there. Pretty much the whole Blue Units and a few from the Orange Unit and once in a while a few booked in pieces as well.

Should have also been a 4 abreast Grand Carousel as well...

Pretty sure what I saw was a three-abreast, but I could be wrong, or if they had two I might have missed it.

Do you know if the Arctic Blast used to be the Raupen Bahn?

Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I think that has been off the road for a while, same as the Mack Sea Storm music ride.....which I really wish they (or someone else) could restore and return to the road.

There have been talks of restoring the See Strum Bahn (Sea Storm) for several years, but unfortunately it may never happen, but fingers still crossed that perhaps some day....