Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Yes, Reithoffer had some unique trailer mounted pieces over the years:

At one point they had 2 or 3 double Hampton sets (possible Gillette may have gotten their from them) and still have one of them on the orange unit.

They also had 3 of the wisdom coasters with another ride on the front of the trailer (Super-Jet, Go-Gator & Caterpillar).

And they did have a nice trailer mounted Venture River. Someone bought it and made a stage out of it years ago.

And let’s not forget Dream Land has 3 or 4 Mangle’s kiddie rides (Fire Truck, Pony Cart, Whip, etc.) that are nicely trailer mounted…

And some mid-west show(s) have trailer mounted rides like the Bear Affair and other such items

Saw part of the Reithoffer Orange Unit in 2007, and at that time, they had a double Hampton. I think one of them was a motorcycle on an undulating track, and a combo on a flat platform.

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Bates has a variety of trailer mounted kiddie rides in Ohio. cars tubs of fun old venture type rides, etc.

The Reithoffer bumper cars were very similar to the one shown in Bucyrus 1957 on you tube.
Yes, Reithoffer had some unique trailer mounted pieces over the years:

At one point they had 2 or 3 double Hampton sets (possible Gillette may have gotten their from them) and still have one of them on the orange unit.

They also had 3 of the wisdom coasters with another ride on the front of the trailer (Super-Jet, Go-Gator & Caterpillar).

And they did have a nice trailer mounted Venture River. Someone bought it and made a stage out of it years ago.

And let’s not forget Dream Land has 3 or 4 Mangle’s kiddie rides (Fire Truck, Pony Cart, Whip, etc.) that are nicely trailer mounted…

And some mid-west show(s) have trailer mounted rides like the Bear Affair and other such items
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

In the 70's Reithoffer had a two trailer bumper car ride that stayed at full trailer height. The trailers parked side by side and floors folded down between them to make a larger ride. It kind of looked homemade.

Wow, sounds interesting, never did see that one at the Piedmont interstate fair. But they were and are great at making stuff easy to move or trailer mounted. I think they had the first trailer mounted venture river (and maybe the only).
Search Bucyrus 1957 on YouTube. See if that's not the same bumper cars at about 6:17 into the video. It was on Key City in the late 60's when I was a kid
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

In the 70's Reithoffer had a two trailer bumper car ride that stayed at full trailer height. The trailers parked side by side and floors folded down between them to make a larger ride. It kind of looked homemade.

This sounds the same as the Atlas piece.

Steel plates that screwed in where the sides folded down?

Ride the Zipper?

Gillette has 2 Hamptons on one trailer and also 2 Zamperla kiddies mounted to a trailer.
Atlas had a POC Dodge-em that might have been homemade. It was on the 2nd unit so I only saw it a few times.
Ride the Zipper?
Atlas had what (I think) was a homemade center-drive RoundUp called the “Gyro”

Never saw another one or any photos of another one.

I think it was faster to up and down than the RoundUp but may have been a little smaller.

Sometimes (I think) we pulled a Hampton behind it.
Ride the Zipper?