Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
back early seventies used to lay down a independent piece.on r.a.s.most of time it was to next to space wheels.right side of it that the gentleman that moved it was very professioal and quite during slough most of time it was down by dawn waiting on tractors to take to railhead to load.iirc his name was frank drove a new mark 4 lincoln.true wheel man in every sense.very quite and lowkey look over there and the booms would be down.always liked the light it gave off for our slough.little trip down memory lane always lit 100 percent.ok then bigjlh those good old days are long gone!!!that show moved well oiled machine for sure.
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

We circus jump out of Armada on the Sunday for a 5pm Monday opening at our next event. If you are ever gonna see us move fast... that would be the one to visit.

Sounds like a real professional crew that likes to get the job done. You can have the best rides and route, but its nothing without a great crew.
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

The last one I saw in person was on Billy Clark's show over at the Ga Mtn Fair, which I believe the model Powers had.

Before that the last ones I saw were Strates and Crown Amusements and that's about it sad to say back in the 90s.

Speaking of this, I was just on the RAS facebook page and saw something interesting had not seen before.

There was one picture of the midway with Space Wheels in the middle, but then there was a third Sky Wheel on the far side of them, so making 3 side by side. That one was different in colors, it had white lights with one star in blue, and one star in red, does anybody know who's Sky Wheel that was.

That was Link's.
Kenny.

We circus jump out of Armada on the Sunday for a 5pm Monday opening at our next event. If you are ever gonna see us move fast... that would be the one to visit.
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

Would love to be able to watch this happen.

go to Armada Michigan as they have all the show up there or come to the Carolinas in September/October. They move it but do not tear it up. good crews and supervisors.

Would love to be able to watch this happen.

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Originally Posted by: britt 

Mike and crew do a great job moving that piece. clockwork, but most of the show moves like like.

We have yet this season to see the whole show not down in less than 4 hours. Lately it's been 3 flat and loads leaving.

Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

And no sleeves...

Always wondered if it had sleeves or not.
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Ours regularly comes down in 3-3.5 hours.

Usually is up within 4-5 hours.

Mike and crew do a great job moving that piece. clockwork, but most of the show moves like like.
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Well Charlie did a great job, always looked great in those green and yellow colors.

And no sleeves...

Ride the Zipper?