Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
North American Midway Entertainment facebook
https://www.facebook.com...posts/?ref=page_internal  It shows them driving in the zipper. You are right
Originally Posted by: jkjones1973 

Deggeller did secure the midway contract for
Miami Dade fair. If you recall Name got the
contract for Little Rock away from Deggeller.
What goes around, comes around!!

Deggeller didnt sign Dade Co... NAME is still under contract.

Deggeller (as well as many others) has food booked in on the independent midway.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
NAME signed a 3 year extension at Miami in 2017. Their refurbed Zipper is in Miami so it would appear they are still there.
I looked on both companies facebook and main pages neither talks about this fair. Does Deggeler have enough rides to do the spot. Conklin NAME usually puts out over 80 rides, combining the international and astro units, they are listed in a old post of mine here. They also brought in some independents.

I wonder how name is doing financially. I am from Canada and our dollar is .77 cents us and gas is about $5 a canadian gallon . Minimum wage in some provinces is $15 per hr. At least half of names big spots are up here. Conko went broke so i could see a problem looming for them. Maybe that's why they have been aggressively trying to get us spots like tulsa and little rock for their international unit. Also Canada has an idiot for a prime minister who is screwing oil rich alberta.

There pricing structure is better for the fairs but might not be enough for the operation that travels 2000 miles to get here and 2000 miles from winnipeg calgary edmonton saskatoon (west coast subs it) Regina to toronto/london ontario.

Some how im thinking Frank Conklin knew it was time to get out
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I know that NAME got Little Rock, but I have checked all over the internet and haven't found where Deggeller got for the Dade Fair, other than the listing on their website, but that says "no rides listed".

Is there a news article or anything else to show that Deggeller got it?

Deggeller's route list 2 county fairs they are doing at the same time as DADE.

Originally Posted by: jkjones1973 

I know that NAME got Little Rock, but I have checked all over the internet and haven't found where Deggeller got for the Dade Fair, other than the listing on their website, but that says "no rides listed".

Is there a news article or anything else to show that Deggeller got it?
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yep, Anderson was a really nice county fair. I have a friend who has 4 or 5 joints (food) and he would take 2 or 3 in there each year and walk away with a nice wad of cash, he did really well there.

Then, they tried a spring fair there as well and it didn't do well, and seemed to take away from the fall fair. Then the move the dates of the fall fair and started selling beer which didn't do good and the fair went down hill from there.

Then Strates lost the NCSF and the route changed and I don't think Anderson fit in very well anymore in addition to the declining attendance.

There used to be a lot of nice county fairs in SC but many have folded or don't do as well as they did, but a few still do good.

Yeah, too bad about Raleigh & Syracuse. That was a solid route back in the ‘70s & ‘80s.

Running the wheel in Raleigh one day we never stopped turning and never stopped loading. Once around and off...

Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: BAZOOKIE 

Deggler has food booked in at Miami Dade. No rides.

Thanks.
Weird thay have is listed on their schedule so you would assume they were putting rides in there as well.