Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

As reported on the main news page...the Indiana State Fair had a drop of 20% in attendance this year, mostly blamed on the weather. It was either hotter than hell, or storms predicted, or both. As I said in my first response, I still believe the early start of school has had a major impact as well. And they can't move the fair any earlier, without hurting county fairs, more than they already have.

Same here in Missouri as far as school starting earlier now. We are having high and college sporting events on Friday and Saturdays of the fair now. Schools used to start the week after the fair.
RodB
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Photo bucket is a joke. I had so many pop up's (and I have pop up blocker) I just closed it out!

* on PB

and that's putting it nicely
Was there friday. Started taking pictures before the midway opened. They called for rain,never got a drop,until going home. Monsoon!
Great pics! I only had one pop up, anyway thank you for sharing those!
Kenny.

As reported on the main news page...the Indiana State Fair had a drop of 20% in attendance this year, mostly blamed on the weather. It was either hotter than hell, or storms predicted, or both. As I said in my first response, I still believe the early start of school has had a major impact as well. And they can't move the fair any earlier, without hurting county fairs, more than they already have.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Photo bucket is a joke. I had so many pop up's (and I have pop up blocker) I just closed it out!

* on PB
Got on the Illinois State Fair site, this year they have two midway cams, and neither one pointed at the midway.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Were you at the Indiana State Fair this past Monday, the 15th? The reason I ask is because I was there that day and all of your photos show a deserted midway, which was the case that day.

For others reading this, the reason for the sparse crowd was because it was predicted to rain all day. It did rain some, but never enough to wash it all out. The sirens even when off once because a possible tornado was spotted a few miles away.

Between it being a Monday (school and work day for most), and the dire predictions concerning the weather, though not advertised in advance, all parking and admission to the fair that day was free. Still, I've been going to the Indiana State Fair for at least 40 years or more, and this was by far the worst attendance I've ever seen. It was likewise the barest midway I've seen this season during operating hours.

The early start of school, which is pretty much a statewide thing now, has really hurt this fair. I haven't seen any numbers released for this year's fair, but it has to be down considerably.

Saying all that, what I really want to say here is THANK YOU mgr man, all of your photos of all of the different Shows you have posted are greatly appreciated!!!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
NAME is playing the Illinois State Fair. Admission is 10 dollars. Parking is 5 dollars,except on friday and saturday when it is 10 dollars. A ride wristband is 30 dollars. Some photos,photos  NAME is also playing the Indiana State Fair. Admission is 12 dollars,with parking at 5 dollars. A ride wristband is 30 dollars. Some Photos,photos