Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Carol Colbert attended St Peters School Worcester Ma.
She would go to Florida every winter with her family’s carnival.
Carol Colbert attended St Peters School Worcester Ma.
She would go to Florida every winter with her family’s carnival.
You've actually given me some great info that I didn't have before, thank you!
I was on D&F shows in the late 70's.The show was formed when they bought out Colberts shhow as mentioned above. Ellie and Bill were around. Ellie was a Colbert...and kind of still had a hand in the show operating the cotton Candy wagon.She had a few siblings (from what I can remember)Billie was a brother who committed suicide...Another brother...Possibly Dicky???? he had a couple nursing homes(I never met him) And sister Carol...She was married to Jimmy Fry...and I worked for them.

I Semi-remember your dad...I believe he was either disabled...or just a little sickly. He wasn't really involved with the show...just helped Ellie move the joint on Sunday nites.
Thats EVERYTHING I could tell you....almost 40 years ago is a LONG time.........
Thank you. I found his obituary but I'm still not sure of the connection. My father was Bill Towne and he married a woman named Ellie. My mother said Ellie was the carnival owner's daughter. I did find where Colbert's was sold in 67. They were probably married by then.
Again, any help is greatly appreciated.
I believe Colbert's Fiesta Shows was sold to Dean and Flynn that currently own Fiesta Shows today. The same family owned Colbert's Amusements out of Boylston Mass. Robert Colbert Jr. died 4 or 5 years ago. His obituary is still online. Hope this helps.
I'm doing some genealogy research and it seems my father married a woman whose family (perhaps) owned Colbert's Fiesta in the mid 60's. Does anyone here have any information that might help me confirm this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.