Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

You don't happen to have any pictures of Larry's do you, been looking for some, I have only seen about two pictures of plants/rolling stock.

Sorry man no photos....But remember the days though
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

Yeah that was the good old days! I remember Childress shows. They use to play the Monroe fair some years back. I believe it was on Williams road. Childress booked on some rides for our fair about the same time Larry's Amusements played our fair. Then after that it was Lawrence Carr they played it a longtime. My memory getting bad too...LOL

You don't happen to have any pictures of Larry's do you, been looking for some, I have only seen about two pictures of plants/rolling stock.

Childress Shows, back in the early 90's.

I am pretty sure the same fair, but all we did at the time was drop off the Sea Ray, and then we went back and moved other rides to the festival. The rest of the show moved into the fair the next day. Course I am getting old and my memory doesn't serve me as well anymore.

Never got to see the fair because we were always at the festival and then we jumped up into Laurens.

Yeah that was the good old days! I remember Childress shows. They use to play the Monroe fair some years back. I believe it was on Williams road. Childress booked on some rides for our fair about the same time Larry's Amusements played our fair. Then after that it was Lawrence Carr they played it a longtime. My memory getting bad too...LOL

What show were you with at that time?

Childress Shows, back in the early 90's.

I am pretty sure the same fair, but all we did at the time was drop off the Sea Ray, and then we went back and moved other rides to the festival. The rest of the show moved into the fair the next day. Course I am getting old and my memory doesn't serve me as well anymore.

Never got to see the fair because we were always at the festival and then we jumped up into Laurens.

Ok, yeah remember now, we jumped out of Monroe to there. But we took some equipment to another spot too near Columbia, festival, not sure if its still around.

What show were you with at that time?

39 Miles just south of Charlotte

Ok, yeah remember now, we jumped out of Monroe to there. But we took some equipment to another spot too near Columbia, festival, not sure if its still around.

Its been so long since I been down there, is this fair near Sumter or maybe the Florence fair?

39 Miles just south of Charlotte
Its been so long since I been down there, is this fair near Sumter or maybe the Florence fair?

Just found out problem with getting in contact with who bought out SMA. There is no fair this year. That's the first time in about 80 years no fair being held. Pretty sad! These folk have never had their ducks in a row.[/quote

Heard yesterday they are gonna have one in 2016. They are hoping to find new show to play it!

Just found out problem with getting in contact with who bought out SMA. There is no fair this year. That's the first time in about 80 years no fair being held. Pretty sad! These folk have never had their ducks in a row.